When choosing assisted living care, consumers are reliant on their state’s regulatory agencies to provide information about communities and their backgrounds. But public access to assisted living records varies greatly state by state. Here is a snapshot of the level of transparency in Florida:
- Florida has one of the best websites for researching assisted living records.
- Assisted living records in Florida are highly transparent, having met all but one of the transparency criteria.
TIPS FOR FAMILIES
- Visit Floridahealthfinder.gov.
- Select “Assisted Living Facility” or “Adult Family Care Home” for license type and use the other fields to narrow your search.
- After reaching your search results, click on the name of a community to access information and associated records.
Florida Accessibility Criteria
Our ratings are based on the objective criteria outlined in the table below.
SELECT ANOTHER STATE
|1||Are licensed assisted living communities listed online in any form?||Yes|
|2||If Yes to #1, is the information updated frequently?||Yes|
|3||If Yes to #1, is the list of licensed communities searchable?||Yes|
|4||Does the state post inspections, complaints, survey results, or violations online?||Yes|
|5||If Yes to #4, is the information updated frequently? [within 90 days]||Yes|
|6||If Yes to #2 and #4, is the enforcement information included in the same place as licensed communities?||Yes|
|7||If Yes to #4 and No to #6, are violations / inspections searchable at all?||Yes or N/A|
|8||Is information about special licensing for care shown?||Yes|
|10||Payment types shown, [e.g. Medicaid, private pay]?||Yes|
|11||Administrator / Contact name shown?||Yes|
|12||State may fine facility?||Yes|
|13||Frequency of inspections?||Every 12 months|
|14||Website includes pricing of facility?||No|