When choosing assisted living care, consumers are reliant on their state’s regulatory agencies to provide information about communities and their backgrounds. Public access to assisted living records varies greatly state by state. Here is a snapshot of the level of transparency in the state of Wisconsin:
- Wisconsin is one of two states to include information about the pricing of assisted living communities online.
- Assisted living records in Wisconsin are highly transparent, having met all but one of the transparency criteria.
HOW TO ACCESS RECORDS
- Use Wisconsin’s Division of Quality Assurance Provider Search to find information about assisted living licensing and backgrounds.
- Narrow your search by selecting “assisted living facilities” as the provider type.
- Click the name of a provider from the results page for very detailed information.
- State profiles of assisted living communities that include pricing are available as PDF documents on the state’s Assisted Living Directories and Facility Profiles webpage.
When choosing assisted living care, consumers are reliant on their state’s regulatory agencies to provide information about communities and their backgrounds. But public access to assisted living records varies greatly state by state. Here is a snapshot of the level of transparency in the state of Wisconsin:
Wisconsin Accessibility Criteria
Our ratings are based on the objective criteria outlined in the table below.
SELECT ANOTHER STATE
|1||Are licensed assisted living communities listed online in any form?||Yes|
|2||If Yes to #1, is the information updated frequently?||Yes|
|3||If Yes to #1, is the list of licensed communities searchable?||Yes|
|4||Does the state post inspections, complaints, survey results, or violations online?||Yes|
|5||If Yes to #4, is the information updated frequently? [within 90 days]||Yes|
|6||If Yes to #2 and #4, is the enforcement information included in the same place as licensed communities?||Yes|
|7||If Yes to #4 and No to #6, are violations / inspections searchable at all?||Yes or N/A|
|8||Is information about special licensing for care shown?||Yes|
|10||Payment types shown, [e.g. Medicaid, private pay]?||Yes|
|11||Administrator / Contact name shown?||Yes|
|12||State may fine facility?||Yes|
|13||Frequency of inspections?||Every 6 months|
|14||Website includes pricing of facility?||Yes|