When choosing assisted living care, consumers are reliant on their state’s regulatory agencies to provide information about communities and their backgrounds. But public access to assisted living records varies greatly state by state. Here is a snapshot of the level of transparency in Washington State:
- Assisted living records in Washington State are highly transparent, having met all but one of the transparency criteria.
- Washington assisted living records are available through a convenient online search form.
HOW TO ACCESS RECORDS
- Visit Washington State’s DSHS site: Adult Family Home Locator or Assisted Living Facility Locator
- Enter a city or zip code to narrow your search.
- Click a community name from the search results for more information.
- Communities that have recently been subject to enforcement actions are specially marked in the results.
Washington Accessibility Criteria
Our ratings are based on the objective criteria outlined in the table below.
SELECT ANOTHER STATE
|1||Are licensed assisted living communities listed online in any form?||Yes|
|2||If Yes to #1, is the information updated frequently?||Yes|
|3||If Yes to #1, is the list of licensed communities searchable?||Yes|
|4||Does the state post inspections, complaints, survey results, or violations online?||Yes|
|5||If Yes to #4, is the information updated frequently? [within 90 days]||Yes|
|6||If Yes to #2 and #4, is the enforcement information included in the same place as licensed communities?||Yes|
|7||If Yes to #4 and No to #6, are violations / inspections searchable at all?||Yes or N/A|
|8||Is information about special licensing for care shown?||Yes|
|10||Payment types shown, [e.g. Medicaid, private pay]?||Yes|
|11||Administrator / Contact name shown?||Yes|
|12||State may fine facility?||Yes|
|13||Frequency of inspections?||Every 12 months|
|14||Website includes pricing of facility?||No|