When choosing assisted living care, consumers are reliant on their state’s regulatory agencies to provide information about communities and their backgrounds. Public access to assisted living records varies greatly state by state. Here is a snapshot of the level of transparency in the state of Indiana:
- Indiana has in-depth information about assisted living and other health providers available through a single convenient search form.
- Assisted living records in Indiana are highly transparent, having met all but one of the transparency criteria.
TIPS FOR FAMILIES
- Visit Indiana’s Health Facilities Consumer Report Search page .
- Under the “Long Term Care Facilities” heading, select “RESIDENTIAL CARE FACILITIES (LICENSED ASSISTED LIVING)” to limit your search to assisted living providers.
- From the results page, click the identification number of the provider to be taken to its provider page.
- From the provider page select “view consumer report” to view information about the community and its history.
Indiana Accessibility Criteria
Our ratings are based on the objective criteria outlined in the table below.
SELECT ANOTHER STATE
|1||Are licensed assisted living communities listed online in any form?||Yes|
|2||If Yes to #1, is the information updated frequently?||Yes|
|3||If Yes to #1, is the list of licensed communities searchable?||Yes|
|4||Does the state post inspections, complaints, survey results, or violations online?||Yes|
|5||If Yes to #4, is the information updated frequently? [within 90 days]||Yes|
|6||If Yes to #2 and #4, is the enforcement information included in the same place as licensed communities?||Yes|
|7||If Yes to #4 and No to #6, are violations / inspections searchable at all?||Yes or N/A|
|8||Is information about special licensing for care shown?||Yes|
|10||Payment types shown, [e.g. Medicaid, private pay]?||Yes|
|11||Administrator / Contact name shown?||Yes|
|12||State may fine facility?||Yes|
|13||Frequency of inspections?||Every 15 months|
|14||Website includes pricing of facility?||No|