When choosing assisted living care, consumers are reliant on their state’s regulatory agencies to provide information about communities and their backgrounds. But public access to assisted living records varies greatly state by state. Here is a snapshot of the level of transparency in the state of Oregon:
- Oregon has inspections and violations information online but it is not in the same location as the information about licensed communities.
- Oregon has generally accessible assisted living records but was marked down on some criteria, including for inspections that occur on a less than annual basis (every 2 years).
- Oregon has increased in ratings due to the list of licenses being searchable and enforcement actions being listed in the same place as licensed communities.
HOW TO ACCESS RECORDS
- Visit Oregon’s Facilitiles Listing for a basic list of licensed communities.
- Documented issues with providers are listed in the Database of Substantiated Facility Abuse Complaints.
- More information can be received from each county office listed on this directory of state regional offices.
Oregon Accessibility Criteria
Our ratings are based on the objective criteria outlined in the table below.
SELECT ANOTHER STATE
|1||Are licensed assisted living communities listed online in any form?||Yes|
|2||If Yes to #1, is the information updated frequently?||Yes|
|3||If Yes to #1, is the list of licensed communities searchable?||Yes|
|4||Does the state post inspections, complaints, survey results, or violations online?||Yes|
|5||If Yes to #4, is the information updated frequently? [within 90 days]||Yes|
|6||If Yes to #2 and #4, is the enforcement information included in the same place as licensed communities?||Yes|
|7||If Yes to #4 and No to #6, are violations / inspections searchable at all?||Yes|
|8||Is information about special licensing for care shown?||No or N/A|
|10||Payment types shown, [e.g. Medicaid, private pay]?||Yes|
|11||Administrator / Contact name shown?||Yes|
|12||State may fine facility?||Yes|
|13||Frequency of inspections?||Every 24 months|
|14||Website includes pricing of facility?||No|