A Place for Mom is proud to offer our annual $1,000 scholarship
to university students interested in the fields of aging and
gerontology. As the North America's largest senior living
referral service, we know the importance of supporting the training
and education of our future senior care leaders.
This scholarship will be awarded to a citizen or a Permanent
Resident of the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec) who is
enrolled and currently taking classes at an accredited college or
university in the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec), and
will grant selected applicants a $1,000 financial donation for
their compelling essays on life lessons learned from a senior.
Selection and Eligibility Criteria
- The annual scholarship award is for (5) students enrolled in an
associate's degree, bachelor's degree or graduate level program in
a medical, nursing or social sciences related major. The student
must be planning on pursuing a career that involves working with
senior citizens.The applicant must be attending classes at
an accredited college or university at the time of the spring
- Employees of A Place for Mom and members of their immediate
family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective
spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the
same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not
eligible to apply.
- Applicants must complete the student information form, a 400 to 700
word essay on the selected topic and sign the Scholarship Award
- Scholarship will be awarded to five students who write the most
compelling essay as judged by an outside panel of senior living
- $1,000 awarded to five individuals.
Instructions for Applicants
- Please fill out the short online student information form.
- Send a signed copy of the Scholarship Award Agreement to
the easiest way to do this is to print the PDF file, fill it out
and scan it back into your computer so that you can email it as an
attachment. Alternately, you can print it, fill it out and then
take a clear picture of it and email that file to us.
- Send your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org,
essays should be between 400 and 700 words long.
- Essays and signed agreements may be sent in the same email,
please make sure your name is in the subject line.
- You must be planning on a career working with senior citizens
in order to be eligible for this scholarship.
- All application materials must reach us by 11:59pm
April 15, 2017.
Author Andy Rooney once said "The best classroom in the world is
at the feet of an elderly person." What is the one most important
life lesson that you have learned from a grandparent or other
senior in your life? Who was or is the senior in your life who
inspires you? How will you use the lesson learned from them in your
future career working with seniors?
A Place for Mom may choose to not award or to withdraw the
Scholarship Award for any reason. Award recipients will be notified
individually and announced by June 1, 2017.
Congratulations and thank you to all of the dedicated students
who applied in 2016, the five 2016 winners were announced on May
31, 2016. You can read the ten 2016 finalist essays