Assisted Living in Austin, TX
Austin, the "live music capital of the world," is located in Travis County in central Texas. Life here combines the very best of Texas prairie with scenic hill country and shows off its beauty with stunning vistas, acres of wildflowers, massive hills and a temperate climate.
What to Expect
Assisted living communities in Austin offer many services and amenities, such as:
- Restaurant-style dining with specialized meal plans designed to meet dietary needs such as kosher, vegetarian and diabetic
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Private apartments with full amenities such as kitchenettes, wheelchair-accessible showers and full tubs
- Planned group outings to events throughout the Austin area
- Well-appointed indoor common areas including a beauty and barber shop, library, atriums, game room, TV lounge, fireplace, piano and organ
- Outdoor common areas with raised gardening beds, walking paths, shaded patios and barbeque pits
- Pet-friendly communities that welcome your dog, cat, bird or fish
Senior-Friendly Neighborhoods in Austin, TX
Many of the most sought-after Austin neighborhoods welcome seniors seeking assisted living.
– A mature and conservative neighborhood located in southwest Austin. This neighborhood has a country feeling, with rolling hills and a multitude of beautiful oak trees. In this open space, you often see deer and coyotes, and the creek that runs through the neighborhood to the Colorado River is home to two species of threatened birds. Despite its country feel, Oak Hill is a commuter hub from southwest Austin to downtown, making transportation throughout the area convenient.
– This neighborhood is a mecca for those who love to shop because of its close proximity to chain stores, an upscale outdoor mall called The Domain and an eclectic shopping, restaurant and nightlife center known as SoCo. Just 15 minutes from downtown, this neighborhood is affordable, park-centric and an active community in which to live.
– Named as one of the safest communities in America, this neighborhood is 20 miles from downtown Austin. Amenities, such as parks, a recreation center, dog park and event amphitheater, provide all the comforts of suburban life, so a leisurely walk, concert in the park or exercising your pet are convenient and enjoyable.
Activities for Seniors in Austin, TX
Join an evening boat tour and view the millions of Mexican free-tailed bats that gather under the Congress Street bridge from March until mid-November. Austin is not without its salute to history with the LBJ Presidential Library, Lady Bird Hike and Bike Trail and a guided tour of the capitol. No one turns down the opportunity to visit the Deep Eddy vodka distillery when its presented.
Finding Assisted Living in Austin, TX
If you love stunning scenery, exciting and refreshing music, a laid-back and friendly city vibe, then Austin is definitely for you. Call us and let a friendly, knowledgeable Senior Living Advisor guide you to an assisted living community suitable for you or a loved one.