We've found at least 30 Assisted Living Facilities within 8 miles of Baltimore, MD
Baltimore Senior Resources
The city of Baltimore, Maryland is one of the largest in the country located on the Patapsco River and the Chesapeake Bay. At one point, Baltimore was a shipping and manufacturing giant, but those jobs have moved in recent years as the city experienced deindustrialization. The city's top two employers are medical based with Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins University, both prestigious and well-known institutions in their fields. Baltimore is listed as the 14th most walkable city in the U.S. and is known for its waterfront, most notably, the Inner Harbor area.
- Baltimore City Health Department Office of Aging and CARE Services - 1001 E. Fayette Street Baltimore, MD 21202
- Meals on Wheels: Find a Meal - The oldest and largest national organization representing local, community-based Senior Nutrition Programs in all 50 U.S. states.
- Just Home Medical - Just Home Medical offers convenience and selection - with thousands of products to choose from that can be delivered right to your home. Our wide selection of products and the convenience of delivery to your home or office allows you to obtain the products best suited for you.
- Busy Buddies, Inc - Since 1994, Busy Buddies has helped thousands of with personal moves, corporate relocations, and downsizing to transition to retirement living. Today we still provide high quality, professional unpacking, moving and settling.
With over 40 hospitals in the area, Baltimore offers world class health care. According to the 2012 US News and World Report,the top hospitals in the region are:
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center
- Harbor Hospital
- Hopkins Hospital
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
- Mercy Medical Center
- Sheppard and Enoch Pratt Hospital
- Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
- University of Maryland Medical Center
Senior Living Costs
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Cost of Care Survey, costs for a one-bedroom assisted living apartment in Baltimore range from:
- High: $5,990
- Low: $2,550
- Average: $3,930
If you're looking for senior living accommodations, contact one of our Baltimore Senior Living Advisors, or call us at 8663332174. You can also get information on financing senior care.