We've found at least 30 Assisted Living Facilities within 30 miles of Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Senior Resources
The second most populous city in the U.S. only after New York City, Los Angeles is known as a world center of business, international trade, travel and entertainment. Over 33% of the population is older than 45 years of age and the city of Los Angeles accommodates seniors with a variety of discounts, services and private businesses geared towards people with an advanced age. The benefits of LA are in the world-class hospitals and medical centers as well as the availability of wonderful care that is constantly growing to accommodate the size of the population.
With over 144 hospitals in the area, the Los Angeles area offers world class health care. According to the 2012 US News and World Report,the top hospitals in the region are:
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- City of Hope
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
- Huntington Memorial Hospital
- Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center
- Keck Hospital of USC
- Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- University of California, Irvine Medical Center
- USC Norris Cancer Hospital
Senior Living Costs
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Cost of Care Survey, costs for a one-bedroom assisted living apartment in Los Angeles range from:
- High: $7,795
- Low: $1,800
- Average: $4,425
If you're looking for senior living accommodations, contact one of our Los Angeles Senior Living Advisors, or call us at 8663332174. You can also get information on financing senior care.
- We Wash Wheelchairs and Walkers - A service for the wheelchair-bound and walker-assisted community. Daily use of these wheels causes dirt, food, and germs to accumulate. Our service includes washing, sanitizing, and light maintenance.
Los Angeles, CA
Not for Profit
- Meals on Wheels: Find a Meal - The oldest and largest national organization representing local, community-based Senior Nutrition Programs in all 50 U.S. states.
- People Coordinate Services of Southern California
1221 South Western Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90006
- Multipurpose Centers - 16 different centers serving the senior community in Los Angeles.
- How Pet Therapy Has Changed Assisted Living
Over the long term, pet and human interactions can lower cholesterol levels, fight depression and may even help protect against heart disease and stroke. This is why pets for the elderly can be so beneficial.
- Palliative Care FAQ
Palliative medicine and improving the end of life care.
- Residential Care Homes
Get in-depth information on what to expect in a care home setting, from level-of-care to how they're different from other senior living options.