We've found at least 30 Assisted Living Facilities within 10 miles of Columbus, OH
Columbus Senior Resources
Counseling and Caregiver Support Groups
Discounts for Seniors
- Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) - Offering a Senior ID, COTA gives a 50% discount for seniors; you can fill out the reduced fare application here.
- Free College Courses - Ohio's four-year universities and two-year technical colleges allow residents age 60 and older to attend classes at no cost.
- Utility Discount - 10% discount on electricity and water base fees (daily service charges) are waived
Top Rated Hospitals
With more than 20 hospitals in the area, Columbus offers world class health care. According to the 2013 US News and World Report Best Hospitals edition the top hospitals in the region are:
- Doctor's Hospital
- Grant Medical Center-Ohio Health
- Mount Carmel East and West Hospitals
- Mount Carmel St. Ann's
- Ohio State University James Cancer Hospital
- Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Riverside Methodist Hospital-Ohio Health
Senior Living Costs
According to the 2013 A Place for Mom Cost of Care Survey, costs for a one-bedroom assisted living apartment in Columbus range from:
- High: $3,875
- Low: $2,685
- Average: $5,555
If you're looking for senior living accommodations, contact one of our Columbus Senior Living Advisors, or call us at 8663332174. You can also get information on financing senior care.
- Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging - This agency provides resources for helping seniors in and around Columbus.
- Meals on Wheels: Find a Meal - The oldest and largest national organization representing local, community-based Senior Nutrition Programs in all 50 U.S. states.
- Ohio Department of Aging
50 West Broad Street; 9th Floor Columbus, OH 43215