We've found at least 30 Assisted Living Facilities within 12 miles of Albuquerque, NM
Albuquerque Senior Resources
The Duke City, Albuquerque, Rio Rancho and New Mexico's state capital, Santa Fe are within an hour's driving distance of each other, but have different cultures and styles. Less than 33% of Albuquerque's population is over 45, while nearly 50% of Santa Fe's citizens are over age 45. Both cities share similar climates, warm weather and are known for their beautiful architecture and local artists. Both cities have a character all of their own and have different benefits in relaxation, recreation, affordability and more.
Funeral Homes and Services
- A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don't Plan to Die - Gail Rubin authored A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don't Plan to Die and hosts A Good Goodbye TV series and radio program. She's a Certified Celebrant, personal funeral planner and humorous speaker. AGoodGoodbye.com
Albuquerque, NM 87176
Hospitals in Albuquerque
With over 14 hospitals in the area, the Albuquerque area offers world class health care. According to the 2012 US News and World Report, the top hospitals in the region are:
- Presbyterian Hospital
- University Hospital
Movers: Senior Moving Services
- Moves for Seniors - Moves for Seniors has been offering specialized senior move services for almost a decade. Whether you're moving to another state to retire or downsizing, count on us to handle move-planning, decluttering, and any other aspect of your move! movesforseniors.com
Senior Living Costs
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Cost of Care Survey, costs for a one-bedroom assisted living apartment in Albuquerque range from:
- High: $3,015
- Low: $2,395
- Average: $3,695
If you're looking for senior living accommodations, contact one of our Albuquerque Senior Living Advisors, or call us at 8663332174. You can also get information on financing senior care.
- Meals on Wheels: Find a Meal - The oldest and largest national organization representing local, community-based Senior Nutrition Programs in all 50 U.S. states.
- City of Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Area Agency on Aging
600 2nd Street; Room 808 Albuquerque, NM 87102
Phone: (505) 924-3693
- Choosing Assisted Living
Read this guide on choosing assisted living to help you evaluate your senior living options.
- Legal Planning for Seniors
Read legal planning for seniors information and resources including living trusts, living wills, and DPOA.
- Residential Care Homes
Get in-depth information on what to expect in a care home setting, from level-of-care to how they're different from other senior living options.