We've found at least 30 Assisted Living Facilities within 20 miles of Houston, TX
Houston Texas Senior Resources
Discounts for Seniors
With more than 100 hospitals in the area, Houston offers world class health care. According to the 2013 US News and World Report Best Hospitals Edition the top hospitals in the region are:
- Clear Lake Regional Medical Center
- Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital
- Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
- Menninger Clinic
- Methodist Hospital
- San Jacinto Methodist Hospital
- St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital
- St. Luke's The Woodlands Hospital
- TIRR Memorial Hermann
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Senior Living Costs
According to the 2013 A Place for Mom Cost of Care Survey, costs for a one-bedroom assisted living apartment in Houston range from:
- High: $6,750
- Low: $1,820
- Average: $4,270
If you're looking for senior living accommodations, contact one of our Houston Senior Living Advisors, or call us at (866) 344-8005. You can also get information on financing senior care.
- Meals on Wheels: Find a Meal - The oldest and largest national organization representing local, community-based Senior Nutrition Programs in all 50 U.S. states.
- YWCA Greater Houston
3220 Broadway St. Houston, TX 77017
- Elderly Dehydration
Read comprehensive information about elderly dehydration risk factors.
- Having "The Tough Conversation"
Guide to having the tough conversation. Ways to discuss long-term care plans, elder care with your aging parents.
- Pet Separation
Learn how to minimize pet separation when your elder care loved one moves to a senior care facility.