We've found at least 30 Assisted Living Facilities within 16 miles of New York, NY
New York Senior Resources
New York (including Northern New Jersey and Long Island) provides a culture and experience unlike any in the world. It is a hub of world-class food, culture, entertainment and has a diverse population that fuels unique and broad array of possibilities and activities for seniors in the most populous city in the United States. New York is a melting pot of communities, peoples, businesses and represents the best our country has to offer in education, transportation, sights and experiences.
With over 184 hospitals in the area, the New York area offers world class health care. According to the 2012 US News and World Report,the top hospitals in the region are:
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- Hospital for Special Surgery
- Huntington Hospital
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Morristown Medical Center
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- St. Francis Hospital
Senior Living Costs
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Cost of Care Survey, costs for a one-bedroom assisted living apartment in New York range from:
- High: $7,400
- Low: $5,960
- Average: $6,680
If you're looking for senior living accommodations, contact one of our New York Senior Living Advisors, or call us at (866) 344-8005. You can also get information on financing senior care.
- Hair on Wheels Now - Looking for a whole new look or just a simple trim? At Hair on Wheels Now, we offer a range of hair and beauty services including haircuts, blow drying, treatments and coloring, full body waxing and mini-facials without you leaving the comfort of your home. Now offering house calls to Queens, Brooklyn, and Long Island!
Not for Profit
- Meals on Wheels: Find a Meal - The oldest and largest national organization representing local, community-based Senior Nutrition Programs in all 50 U.S. states.
- New York City Department for the Aging
2 Lafayette Street New York City, NY 10007
- Glossary of Senior Living Terms
Glossary of senior living terms designed to help you have a clear understanding of commonly used senior housing and care terms.
- Legal Planning for Seniors
Read legal planning for seniors information and resources including living trusts, living wills, and DPOA.
- Senior Driver Safety
Read senior driver safety tips including self-assessment and self-restriction test information.