We've found at least 30 Personal Care Communities within 13 miles of Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia Senior Resources
Known as the city of Brotherly Love and a meeting place of the Founding Fathers, Philadelphia maintains its notoriety as fifth most populous city in the United States. With 35% of the population is over the age of 45, this buzzing home to the Liberty Bell rings in the ears of world visitors because of its history, cuisine such as the Philly cheese steak, sports teams in four of the professional leagues and classic architecture. Philadelphia is a unique city with a rich history and wonderful features.
Discounts for Seniors
- SEPTA - Senior's 65+ ride for free on the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority.
Elder Law Attorneys
- Hill Wallack LLP - Changing tax laws make protecting your family and preserving your estate a challenge. The Trusts & Estates Practice Group at Hill Wallack LLP is sensitive to this, and works to shelter its clients against potential conflict and unnecessary expense.
777 Township Line Road, Suite 250 Yardley, PA 19067
Financial Planners and Services
- Senior Secure Inc. - In both 2012 and 2013, Willard and his team were named by the prestigious Philadelphia Magazine as one of the top 3% wealth management firms in the area. Please contact Senior Secure when you would like to discuss your current goals and/or future needs! SeniorSecure.org
107 Commons CT Chadds Ford, PA 19317
With over 93 hospitals in the area, the Philadelphia area offers world class health care. According to the 2012 US News and World Report,the top hospitals in the region are:
- Albert Einstein Medical Center
- Christiana Care
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
- Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
- Pennsylvania Hospital
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Wills Eye Hospital
Movers: Senior Moving Services
- Personal Property Managers - Personal Property Managers is your one-stop single-source total solution for helping seniors and caregivers of elderly loved ones transition. One call does it all! PersonalPropertyManagers.com
- Senior Transition Services - As senior move managers, we provide our clients and their families peace of mind by taking care of the traditional downsizing and relocation details so they aren't as overwhelmed. We also recreate the feeling of home at the new residence.
3408 Hillside Drive Huntingdon Valley PA, 19006
- Grab Bar Pros - Grab Bar Pros offers practical, cost-effective safety solutions for bathrooms, kitchens and more based on your specific needs and fall risks.
540 Pine Top Drive Bethlehem, PA 18017
Senior Living Costs
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Cost of Care Survey, costs for a one-bedroom assisted living apartment in Philadelphia range from:
- High: $5,010
- Low: $3,500
- Average: $4,285
If you're looking for senior living accommodations, contact one of our Philadelphia Senior Living Advisors, or call us at 8663332174. You can also get information on financing senior care.
Government resources (Local, National, State)
- Hearing Loss Association of America - The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) is the country's largest provider of education, information, advocacy, and self-help for hard-of-hearding people. Contact your new Philadelphia chapter!
Not for Profit
- Meals on Wheels: Find a Meal - The oldest and largest national organization representing local, community-based Senior Nutrition Programs in all 50 U.S. states.
3616 South Galloway St. Philadelphia, PA 19148
- A Place for Ruth
Read how one family made the decision to move her mom in an elderly assisted living community.
- Glossary of Senior Living Terms
Glossary of senior living terms designed to help you have a clear understanding of commonly used senior housing and care terms.
- How Pet Therapy Has Changed Assisted Living
Over the long term, pet and human interactions can lower cholesterol levels, fight depression and may even help protect against heart disease and stroke. This is why pets for the elderly can be so beneficial.