Assisted Living in Dallas, TX
Dallas, in Dallas County, is a city whose slogan is "Live Large." At first thought, Dallas conjures up words and images such as big, busy, growing, cosmopolitan, rich, glitzy and self-confident. Dallas is certainly all that, but at its heart lives a community of people who are warmhearted, fun-loving and hardworking.
Dallas features an extensive transportation system, including bus and light rail, rideshare programs, carpools, Uber and taxi services, so getting around the numerous highway networks is reliable and convenient.
What to Expect
Assisted living communities in Dallas offer attractive services and amenities, such as:
- Specialized meal plans that meet individualized dietary preferences
- Private studio, one- or two-bedroom apartments with full amenities, customized for assisted living
- Daily activities that encourage independence, wellness and foster new friendships
- Planned group outings to movies, cultural events, sporting events in the Dallas Metroplex
- Exquisite common areas with beauty salons and barber shops, computer and game rooms, libraries and arts and crafts areas
- Pet-friendly communities that recognize the power of a pet in providing peace of mind and comfort for seniors adapting to a new home
- Outdoor common areas with raised gardening beds, atriums, barbeque areas, shaded patios and walking paths
Senior-Friendly Neighborhoods in Dallas, TX
Many of the most sought-after neighborhoods in Dallas welcome seniors seeking assisted living.
– Located six miles from downtown Dallas makes this neighborhood a great location for quick family visits during the week. A number of mansions with grand entrances, rolling hills and winding streets rub elbows with lovely mid-century and contemporary homes. Two neighborhood parks provide tennis courts and miles of trails.
– In the heart of North Dallas, this area was once filled with cotton fields and cattle. This high-end community has a variety of home styles and stately oak trees. It has an intimate, friendly feel and any affluent pretentions it might have in the big city are left behind at the highway off-ramp.
– Conveniently located just minutes from the airport and I-35 east and west. Bordering Lewiston Lake, miles of trails, water sports, camping and boating provide residents with many entertainment options.
Activities for Seniors in Dallas, TX
Dallas neighborhoods keep seniors busy with clubs such as walking and books, bingo, quilting and sewing groups.
Dallas has thriving cultural interests, supporting the arts, performing arts, museums and regional theater. Sports enthusiasts enjoy Dallas Cowboy football, Dallas Maverick basketball, Texas Rangers baseball, FC Dallas soccer and Dallas Star hockey, with plenty of college teams and high school "Friday Night Lights" football clubs.
Finding Assisted Living in Dallas, TX
Dallas is a senior-friendly city, with numerous assisted living communities from which to choose. For a free consultation, call us and let a Senior Living Advisor guide you to finding the right fit in assisted living for you or your loved one.
For additional resources Visit assistedliving.com Dallas resources