When choosing assisted living care, consumers are reliant on their state’s regulatory agencies to provide information about communities and their backgrounds. Public access to assisted living records varies greatly state by state. Here is a snapshot of the level of transparency in Connecticut:
- Connecticut has fairly transparent records but was marked down on a few criteria, including for the relative infrequency of required inspections (every two years).
- Connecticut is one of a handful of states where the state does not have the authority to fine an assisted living community.
HOW TO ACCESS RECORDS
- To verify a community is licensed, visit the State of Connecticut’s licensing Website and select “look up a license” from the left sidebar.
- For license type, select “assisted living service agency”, and optionally, enter a name or location to narrow your search further.
- Records about communities that have been the subject of enforcement actions are accessible via PDF documents at Connecticut Health Care Facility Regulatory Action Orders.
- Additonal information about violations can be found at this link.
Connecticut Accessibility Criteria
Our ratings are based on the objective criteria outlined in the table below.
SELECT ANOTHER STATE
|1||Are licensed assisted living communities listed online in any form?||Yes|
|2||If Yes to #1, is the information updated frequently?||Yes|
|3||If Yes to #1, is the list of licensed communities searchable?||Yes|
|4||Does the state post inspections, complaints, survey results, or violations online?||Yes|
|5||If Yes to #4, is the information updated frequently? [within 90 days]||Yes|
|6||If Yes to #2 and #4, is the enforcement information included in the same place as licensed communities?||No or N/A|
|7||If Yes to #4 and No to #6, are violations / inspections searchable at all?||No|
|8||Is information about special licensing for care shown?||Yes|
|10||Payment types shown, [e.g. Medicaid, private pay]?||No|
|11||Administrator / Contact name shown?||No|
|12||State may fine facility?||No|
|13||Frequency of inspections?||Every 6 months|
|14||Website includes pricing of facility?||No|