When choosing assisted living care, consumers are reliant on their state’s regulatory agencies to provide information about communities and their backgrounds. But public access to assisted living records varies greatly state by state. Here is a snapshot of the level of transparency in Arizona:
- Arizona’s state website contains detailed inspections data but slipped slightly in our rankings because information about communities is limited. (For example, community capacity is not available.) Additionally, information about communities is not updated frequently
- Arizona has largely transparent assisted living records, but dropped to the second quartile of states in our ratings.
HOW TO ACCESS RECORDS
- Visit Arizona Department of Health Service’s Assisted Living Provider Search.
- Use the community’s name or location to narrow your search.
- From the results page, click “select” next to a community’s name to access inspections reports and other background information.
- The facilities report page lists dates of inspections or penalties against the community. Details can be found by clicking “select” next to the date of the inspection or enforcement action.
Arizona Accessibility Criteria
Our ratings are based on the objective criteria outlined in the table below.
SELECT ANOTHER STATE
|1||Are licensed assisted living communities listed online in any form?||Yes|
|2||If Yes to #1, is the information updated frequently?||No|
|3||If Yes to #1, is the list of licensed communities searchable?||Yes|
|4||Does the state post inspections, complaints, survey results, or violations online?||Yes|
|5||If Yes to #4, is the information updated frequently? [within 90 days]||No|
|6||If Yes to #2 and #4, is the enforcement information included in the same place as licensed communities?||Yes|
|7||If Yes to #4 and No to #6, are violations / inspections searchable at all?||Yes and N/A|
|8||Is information about special licensing for care shown?||Yes|
|10||Payment types shown, [e.g. Medicaid, private pay]?||No|
|11||Administrator / Contact name shown?||No|
|12||State may fine facility?||Yes|
|13||Frequency of inspections?||Every 24 months|
|14||Website includes pricing of facility?||No|