We've found at least 30 Assisted Living Facilities within 16 miles of Detroit, MI
Detroit Senior Resources
- Detroit Area on Aging - Assisting the elderly residents of Detroit and improving quality of life.
- Center for Senior Independence - CSI is a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE). Our purpose is to promote quality of life for seniors living in their community by offering care for their medical, social, and physical needs.
- Meals on Wheels: Find a Meal - The oldest and largest national organization representing local, community-based Senior Nutrition Programs in all 50 U.S. states.
- Detroit Area Agency on Aging
1333 Brewery Park Blvd. Ste. 200 Detroit, MI 48207
Discounts for Seniors
Top Rated Hospitals
With more than 67 hospitals in the area, the Detroit area offers world class health care. According to the 2013 US News and World Report Best Hospitals edition the top hospitals in the region are:
- Beaumont Hospital
- Harper University Hospital
- Henry Ford Hospital
- McLaren Regional Medical Center
- Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center
- Providence Hospital
- Sinai-Grace Hospital
- St. John Hospital and Medical Center
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers
Senior Living Costs
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Cost of Care Survey, costs for a one-bedroom assisted living apartment in Detroit range from:
- High: $4,500
- Low: $1,650
- Average: $2,955
If you're looking for senior living accommodations, contact one of our Detroit Senior Living Advisors, or call us at (866) 344-8005. You can also get information on financing senior care.
- Board & Care Homes for Seniors
Learn about board and care homes - costs, services offered and pros and cons.
- How Pet Therapy Has Changed Assisted Living
Over the long term, pet and human interactions can lower cholesterol levels, fight depression and may even help protect against heart disease and stroke. This is why pets for the elderly can be so beneficial.
- Residential Care Homes
Get in-depth information on what to expect in a care home setting, from level-of-care to how they're different from other senior living options.