Last Updated: April 9, 2015
It's important to be prepared when calling and touring assisted
living centers. Each community is unique, if you've seen one
assisted living facility, you've seen one assisted living facility.
Download the checklist below to stay organized, compare communities
and ask the right questions to help you decide on the community
that's right for your loved one.
Questions to Ask When you Call or Visit
- What is your staff-to-resident
- What kind of experience and
training does your staff possess?
- How many staffers are on duty
- Can staff administer
- Do you have a nurse on staff
- Do you have any experience with
(issues or diagnosis of your care recipient)?
- Do you do an initial assessment
prior to admission?
- What types of apartments are
- What is the monthly cost per
- If there is a wait list, how many
are on it and what is the policy?
- Tell me about some of the current
- Do you have any outdoor
- What is your discharge
- What additional services are
available if the needs of a resident change?
- What are your billing and payment
- Are all services included in the
monthly fee? If not, what and how much are additional