We've found at least 30 Assisted Living Facilities within 23 miles of Washington D.C.
Washington DC Senior Resources
The Washington DC metro area, including parts of northern Virginia (NOVA), such as Arlington and Alexandria, is known world-wide for it's culture rich history, cuisine, museums, monuments, beautiful architecture and teams from all four major professional sports leagues. Offering some of the most progressive senior services in the country, Washington DC stands out amongst some of the best places for seniors in the country. Politics aside, this city is simultaneously casual, comfortable and is sure to provide any senior (active or not) with many options.
With over 59 hospitals in the area, the Washington DC area offers world class health care. According to the 2013 US News and World Report Best Hospitals Edition, the top hospitals in the region are:
- George Washington University Hospital
- Inova Alexandria Hospital
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Inova Loudoun Hospital
- Mary Washington Hospital
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- National Rehabilitation Hospital
- Reston Hospital Center
Senior Living Costs
According to the 2013 A Place for Mom Cost of Care Survey, costs for a one-bedroom assisted living apartment in Washington DC range from:
- High: $7,200
- Low: $4,500
- Average: $5,580
If you're looking for senior living accommodations, contact one of our Washington DC Senior Living Advisors, or call us at 8663332174. You can also get information on financing senior care.
Not for Profit
- Aging Research - The Alliance for Aging Research, www.agingresearch.org, is the leading non-profit organization dedicated to accelerating the pace of scientific discoveries and their application to vastly improve the universal human experience of aging and health.
750 17th St., NW, Suite 1100 Washington, DC 20006
- Meals on Wheels: Find a Meal - The oldest and largest national organization representing local, community-based Senior Nutrition Programs in all 50 U.S. states.