When choosing assisted living care, consumers are reliant on their state’s regulatory agencies to provide information about communities and their backgrounds. Public access to assisted living records varies greatly state by state. Here is a snapshot of the level of transparency in the state of New Mexico:
- New Mexico is among the states that require assisted living inspections at least once each year.
- At the time of this writing, New Mexico’s database has not been updated in over a year.
HOW TO ACCESS RECORDS
- Visit New Mexico’s Provider Search Form for info on licensed communities and their backgrounds.
- Select “assisted living facility” as the provider type.
- You can narrow your search by county or city.
- For more recent information about specific communities, contact the office of the long-term care ombudsman to see if he or she can provide information about a community you are exploring.
- Visit www.eldercare.gov to locate the appropriate long-term-care ombudsman.
- If you need to make a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to get records, consider browsing these state by state resources from the National Freedom of Information Coalition, which included sample state-specific FOIA letters.
Update: January 2018
New Mexico Accessibility Criteria
Our ratings are based on the objective criteria outlined in the table below.
SELECT ANOTHER STATE
|1||Are licensed assisted living communities listed online in any form?||No|
|2||If Yes to #1, is the information updated frequently?||No|
|3||If Yes to #1, is the list of licensed communities searchable?||Yes|
|4||Does the state post inspections, complaints, survey results, or violations online?||No|
|5||If Yes to #4, is the information updated frequently? [within 90 days]||No|
|6||If Yes to #2 and #4, is the enforcement information included in the same place as licensed communities?||No|
|7||If Yes to #4 and No to #6, are violations / inspections searchable at all?||No|
|8||Is information about special licensing for care shown?||No|
|10||Payment types shown, [e.g. Medicaid, private pay]?||No|
|11||Administrator / Contact name shown?||Yes|
|12||State may fine facility?||Yes|
|13||Frequency of inspections?||Every 12 months|
|14||Website includes pricing of facility?||No|