When choosing assisted living care, consumers are reliant on their state’s regulatory agencies to provide information about communities and their backgrounds. But public access to assisted living records varies greatly state by state. Here is a snapshot of the level of transparency in the state of Nebraska:
- Nebraska has conveniently integrated information about licensed communities and information about violations and inspections results.
- Nebraska has generally transparent assisted living records but was marked down significantly in our rankings because required inspections occur only every five years.
HOW TO ACCESS RECORDS
- Visit Nebraska’s DHHS License Information Search and choose “facility or service” as the search category.
- Select “assisted living facility” as the “facility or service type.”
- From the results, click the name of a community to be taken to its details, including links to inspections and deficiency reports.
Nebraska Accessibility Criteria
Our ratings are based on the objective criteria outlined in the table below.
SELECT ANOTHER STATE
|1||Are licensed assisted living communities listed online in any form?||Yes|
|2||If Yes to #1, is the information updated frequently?||Yes|
|3||If Yes to #1, is the list of licensed communities searchable?||Yes|
|4||Does the state post inspections, complaints, survey results, or violations online?||Yes|
|5||If Yes to #4, is the information updated frequently? [within 90 days]||No|
|6||If Yes to #2 and #4, is the enforcement information included in the same place as licensed communities?||Yes|
|7||If Yes to #4 and No to #6, are violations / inspections searchable at all?||Yes or N/A|
|8||Is information about special licensing for care shown?||Yes|
|10||Payment types shown, [e.g. Medicaid, private pay]?||No|
|11||Administrator / Contact name shown?||Yes|
|12||State may fine facility?||Yes|
|13||Frequency of inspections?||Every 60 months|
|14||Website includes pricing of facility?||No|