2110 Leonard St NE Grand Rapids MI 49505
Heron Woods is an independent living community surrounded by the picturesque scenery of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Grand Rapids is a part of Kent County and offers much to do and see. Two hospitals are located within a mile of the apartments, while the grounds themselves are lightly wooded and even feature a natural wetland full of plants and animals. You'll love exploring the neighborhood shops and hot spots too, either on your own or during weekly group trips.
The team at Heron Woods works around the clock to make every resident feel comfortable and supported without taking away his or her independence. Medication reminders keep you healthy, while you can request assistance with any daily tasks for a few days or the long-term. The staff works with each resident to create a customized support plan, including housekeeping so you can save your energy for hobbies and socializing.
Aside from the perfect amount of assistance, the amenities found at Heron Woods apartments include:
- Refrigerators and stoves with full-sized ovens so you can whip up your favorite dishes
- Patio and balcony areas for each apartment
- Breakfast and lunch meals prepared daily, including a salad bar
- Daily activities both indoors and out, 5 days a week
- One and two bedroom floorplans, so you can share your apartment with a spouse or friend
- Storage space for holiday decorations and other seasonal items
- Hair salon inside the building
- Convenient washers and dryers located on each floor so you don't have to wait on the elevator
Free up your time and make new friends by relocating to Heron Woods, your independent living community.
*Prices quoted are monthly rental charges and are provided by the communities themselves. Actual prices may differ due to one-time fees, timing and care services required. Speak with your Senior Living Advisor to learn more.
The tour went well and the staff answered all of our questions. We really enjoyed the community and the residents. We just felt that this was not the right place for mom.
A Lovely Home For Me
Everything is fine for me at my new community. The meals are good to me. My room and the rest of the community is clean. They also have activities available through out the day.
Clean, nice, roomy apartments but not...
Clean, nice, roomy apartments but not enough staffing for our needs.See all 4 community reviews
Housing Types Provided
The features and amenities that are displayed on this page contain marketing information provided by the community. A Place for Mom has not confirmed the completeness of the provided information, and cannot guarantee its accuracy.
To conduct a complete investigation, seniors and their families should:
- Tour any listed location to confirm the accuracy of the community description;
- Confirm that the community offers services that are required for the senior’s specific needs and budget; and
- Check additional licensing and state audit information.
If you become aware of any information that should be updated or noted, please contact A Place for Mom.