About Assisted Living in Burlington, VT
Burlington, known as The West Coast of New England, is located in Chittenden County, 45 minutes from the Canadian border, with beautiful views of Lake Champlain, the Green Mountains and the Adirondacks. Home to two private colleges and the University of Vermont, medical help is a moment away at nearby University of Vermont Medical Center. Amtrak, city buses and a handy paratransit system, designed specifically for seniors and those with disabilities, make getting around the city quick and convenient.
What to Expect
You'll find many amenities in the assisted living communities in Burlington, such as:
- Restaurant-style dining with customized menus for dietary needs
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Pet-friendly communities
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Community activities that help develop and maintain friendships among residents, encourage wellness with exercise and dance and promote an independent lifestyle
- Group outings to the Green Mountains, the Adirondacks, festivals in the city, shopping excursions and restaurant-hopping
- Senior-friendly outdoor areas for walking, raised gardening beds, BBQ pits and shady places to relax
- Indoor common areas feature beauty and barber shops, TV lounges, computers, game rooms, arts and crafts centers and libraries
Senior Friendly Neighborhoods in Burlington, VT
Hill Section – A wealthy neighborhood, home to the Burlington Country Club, Hill Section features well-established bed-and-breakfast accommodations and Victorian homes in a very desirable residential area.
New North End – A popular neighborhood northwest of downtown features a beachfront located in family-friendly Leddy Park, complete with trails and campgrounds.
South End – An artistic neighborhood with a beautiful park for walking, biking and jogging. You'll enjoy the lakefront homes and panoramic views of Lake Champlain and the Adirondacks.
Downtown – The cultural and educational center of Burlington, this area is pleasant, has large, mature shade trees, there are many historic streets to explore, a gorgeous waterfront to enjoy and a pedestrian mall for shopping.
South Burlington – If you love the comforts of life in a quiet, rustic and charming residential neighborhood, South Burlington gives you that and more. The area features beautifully landscaped, tree-lined streets, just minutes away from the Vermont Medical Center and downtown amenities.
Activities for Seniors in Burlington, VT
Seniors love shopping and taking in a meal at a local eatery in the Church Street Marketplace, a four-block uncovered pedestrian mall, with cobblestone streets lined with trees and shops with historic architecture. Included in the Register of Historic Places, Burlington's library, the largest in Vermont, is a great place for seniors to meet up with friends. The library's community center, as well as numerous senior centers in the city, provide free access to computers, offer assistance with senior services and sponsor very entertaining activities that include dances, tours and cultural events in the community.
Call us for a free consultation and let one of our knowledgeable Senior Living Advisors help you find your new home in Burlington.