What to Expect
Memory care in New Orleans depends on the advancement of your loved one's condition. Dementia affects each resident differently thus these memory care communities focus on providing personalized care for each patient/senior. Dementia care facilities in New Orleans has teams of caregivers with adequate training to realize the resident's specific needs and preferences and serve them with utmost care. Along with the primary goal of ensuring the clients safety, they keep the clients mentally and physically stimulated by involving them in engaging activities like kitchen work, gardening and other life skills.
Some of the services and amenities that we provide for our memory care residents in New Orleans include:
• Residential plan which may be private or semi-private rooms
• Secure indoor areas and outdoor gardens
• 24-hour staffing and medication management
• Social programs and activities
• Provision of TV and computer services
• Dining rooms with nutritious and delicious options/meal plans
• Housekeeping, laundry services, and personal assistance
• Exercise and physical therapy programs
• Scheduled transportation for local events, errands and medical appointments
The aim of these services is to offer residents a secure and comfortable living in a home environment.
Who Needs Memory Care?
Individuals suffering from memory loss or dementia can be difficult to cope with in a home environment. In many cases when one develops Alzheimer's condition, their judgment and reasoning are impacted. It is often expected that as dementia increases, patients will need a higher level of care and assistance and living at home is no longer an option. Some patients can be a serious threat to their personal safety and if in a memory care, their behavior can be easily monitored to ensure they do not pose a risk to themselves or others.
Finding Memory Care in New Orleans
If you are considering a move to memory care in New Orleans, our senior living advisors will happily guide you through the process of choosing a facility that provides the most effective care. Contact us today for a free consultation.