Commonwealth Senior Living at Berryville
413 McCellen Street Berryville VA 22611
Senior Living in Berryville, VA
“We Listen, We Love, We Care, We Serve.” These are the words that guide us every day. At Commonwealth Senior Living at Berryville, you’ll see this commitment in the relationships with our residents and their families. It’s a promise we make to you as well.
Located in the charming town of Berryville, VA, nestled in the Shenandoah Valley, we’re near the border of West Virginia and only an hour away from Washington, D.C. Offering both assisted living and memory care services, we believe our quality of care enhances quality of life. Whether you’re enjoying an outing in our charming downtown or spending time in our beautifully landscaped outdoor courtyards and patios, we think you’ll soon discover you’re truly home.
We’re here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need assistance with daily activities such as bathing or dressing, you’ll find we’re close by. We’re also here if you want to share your latest good news or have a story to tell. We value and respect your privacy, yet you can relax and be assured that we are on-site and ready to support you day and night.
A Vibrant, Engaging Lifestyle
By practicing person-centered care, we tailor our services to your individualized needs. We encourage our residents to engage with life and our signature programs offer delightful possibilities. Sharing a delicious meal through our award-winning Farm-to-Table and Today from the Bay dining programs, experiencing different cultures and lifestyles with our Travel the World program, or simply having a meaningful conversation in one of our beautiful outdoor sitting areas, you’ll find opportunities here for a healthy, full and rewarding life.
Our whole-person approach to senior living extends to our award-winning Sweet Memories™ programs that have been proven to elevate care and enhance the experience of our residents living with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Our signature memory care programs blend a warm, homelike environment with the personalized care of compassionate caregivers, familiar routines and staff, and engaging programs and activities that provide our residents with the best experiences.
Across the border from West Virginia and only 90 miles to Baltimore, our area is known for its charm and buildings that date back to the Civil War era. Along with our on-site medical care, we also have easy access to excellent medical facilities if the need ever arises. We have many local attractions you might wish to visit, including our historic downtown, the Shenandoah Valley Wine Tour, the Hollywood Casino and Race Track and the Clarke County Historical Association and Museum.
We hope you’ll schedule a tour today to see for yourself all that we have to offer at Commonwealth Senior Living at Berryville. Please call today!
Levels of Care
At Commonwealth Senior Living at Berryville, assisted living balances the active independence that our residents want with the 24-hour support they need. It’s the ideal combination. We realize that while the need for support may have brought our residents to us, their desire to live an active, fulfilling and engaging lifestyle hasn’t changed at all.
At Commonwealth, the care we deliver is personalized. We know that no two residents have the same needs, abilities or preferences. To deliver the right amount of care and support, we create individual care plans for each resident. Our specially trained caregivers meet directly with residents, their family members and personal physicians to develop the most appropriate care plans. The care plans deliver the care that is needed – perhaps assisting the resident with getting dressed or bathing or helping them get around the community, but also identifies and supports each individual’s retained abilities, promoting independence and dignity.
Memory CareSweet Memories™ at Commonwealth Senior Living at Berryville
At Commonwealth Senior Living at Berryville, we believe that people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia have very unique needs that deserve very unique care. Our Sweet Memories™ program was designed to meet those needs and deliver that care, both today and in the future.
It all starts with our team of dedicated caregivers. Certified in Virtual Dementia Tour® training, our team members have a very personal and thorough understanding of the challenges presented by Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia.Award-Winning Care • Sweet Memories™
Commonwealth’s Sweet Memories™ memory care program has been created to deliver the most exceptional care and lifestyle to our residents living with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
From the welcoming, homey feeling of our memory care neighborhoods to the experience of our management team, everything in our program has been carefully chosen to deliver the best memory care experience possible.
Understanding that each person in our care has different needs, Sweet Memories™ takes a resident-centered approach. By developing a personalized care plan, we can provide support that not only meets needs, but also promotes abilities and independence.Program Components
Sweet Memories™ consists of three primary components to ensure an exceptional memory care experience.
- Move-in: From physical to emotional needs, we guide our residents through every step of the transition to our community, whether from home or hospital.
- Evaluation through life history: We get to know each resident personally. We conduct a comprehensive interview with family members. We talk. We ask questions. We listen. We get to know our residents as people. We learn about their medical, mental, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs, as well as their habits and preferences.
- Resident-centered care plan: With this very personal knowledge, our leadership team creates a customized care plan to meet the specific needs of the resident.
Signature Programs • Signature Experience
Unique and effective, our signature Sweet Memories™ programs make a tremendous difference in the lives of our residents and their families.
- One Sweet Memory: Winner of the Best Practice Award from the Virginia Assisted Living Association (VALA), for going above and beyond the standards of care. Our team members regularly capture highlights of each resident’s day in photographs that are shared regularly with family members.
- Expressions: When verbal skills begin to fail, art can become a means of self-expression for residents. Conversational prompting stimulates memories which residents can interpret using a variety of mediums, including painting.
- Touch: Designed specifically for those with late-stage memory loss, this program provides “special touches” that make a difference in care. In the morning, before breakfast, residents enjoy citrus scented towels to awaken taste buds; before dinner, lavender scented towels help to relax, reinforce the natural circadian rhythm and encourage residents to enjoy their meals.
- Sweet Melodies: For those with latter stage dementia who have lost verbal skills, Sweet Melodies stirs memories by using nostalgic music selected by family members.
- SMILE™ Technology: Through SMILE™ , we can remain connected to your loved one every day. This computer program enables us to keep you updated on your loved one’s participation in and enjoyment of our programming, sharing photos and stories with you on a daily basis.
- Memory Care Life Stations: Thoughtful spaces invite your loved one to reconnect and engage with past hobbies, professions and passions.
Sweet Memories™ Services & Amenities:
- Healthy, family-style dining options that meet dining skill levels and nutritional needs
- Regularly activity schedules that stimulate the mind and body, as well as customized socialization programs designed to fit the cognitive, social and mental skills of the resident
- Open and secure outdoor spaces such as courtyards and gardens
- Monthly support group meetings for families
- Private or companion suites with private baths
- Personal care services
- Medication management
- Weekly housekeeping/linens
- 24-hour staffing
- Open-door policy that encourages 24-hour visitation
- Monthly family night dinners
- Sweet Memories™ programming
- Community newsletter
The natural beauty and stately decor you’ll find at Berryville is a treat for all five senses, as plush and homey as it is safe and secure. Live life free of the daily drudgery of chores and maintenance, free to make friends and pursue interests new and old.
Commonwealth Senior Living at Berryville combines antique charm with modern amenities, the highest standards of safety, and expert service from our care providers and healthcare partners. From our spacious suites (complete with fireplaces) to our beauty salon and barber shop, experience the best senior life has to offer. It is our pleasure and purpose to ensure that our residents’ lives are as peaceful, comforting and uplifting as possible.
- Private and semi-private suite options
- Full bathrooms with safety features
- Warmly decorated elegant common areas
- Elegantly landscaped outdoor courtyards
- Emergency call response systems in every suite
- Monitored fire and safety systems
- Television, computer, and media library areas
- Elegant dining rooms
- Full-service hair salon and barber shop
- Free transportation for all activities, events, and doctor appointments
- Individually controlled heating and cooling in each suite
- All utilities included (except telephone and cable TV)
- Family and guest meals available
- Free residential parking areas available
- Full library with large print books
- Pet-friendly: all cats and dogs must be pre-approved by our Executive Director, be house trained, and have a recent Veterinarian statement of good health
At Commonwealth Senior Living at Berryville, there’s never a dull moment! Every day is filled with opportunities to get together with friends, learn something new, be entertained and laugh, play games, get some exercise and just have a wonderful time.
Each month’s Activities Calendar includes opportunities such as:
- Health and wellness learning
- Diverse social activities
- Daily exercise programs
- Group community excursions
- Intergenerational activities
- Lifelong learning activities
- Community volunteer activities
- Multi-faith spiritual worship
- Computer and technology classes
- Musical and artistic activities
Pricing at Commonwealth Senior Living at Berryville
*Prices quoted are monthly rental charges and are provided by the communities themselves. Actual prices may differ due to one-time fees, timing and care services required. Speak with your Senior Living Advisor to learn more.
Reviews of Commonwealth Senior Living at Berryville
Community Details at Commonwealth Senior Living at Berryville
Senior Housing Types Provided at Commonwealth Senior Living at Berryville
The features and amenities that are displayed on this page contain marketing information provided by the community. A Place for Mom has not confirmed the completeness of the provided information, and cannot guarantee its accuracy.
To conduct a complete investigation, seniors and their families should:
- Tour any listed location to confirm the accuracy of the community description;
- Confirm that the community offers services that are required for the senior’s specific needs and budget; and
- Check additional licensing and state audit information.
If you become aware of any information that should be updated or noted, please contact A Place for Mom.