Sunrise on Vernier
1850 Vernier Road Grosse Pointe Woods MI 48236
- Located in Grosse Pointe Woods, MI conveniently off of I-94, at the corner of Vernier Road and Mack Avenue
- Specializing in Alzheimers and dementia care since 2006, offering permanent and short-term respite stays
- Two neighborhoods to accommodate different levels of memory loss support: Reminiscence Neighborhood and Edna's Place
- Coordination with Beaumont, St. John and Henry Ford Health systems
- Resident outings to local restaurants, shopping, concerts in The Village, picnics on Belle Isle and visits to Eastern Market & Detroit Institute of Art
Sunrise on Vernier brings excellence in memory care to Grosse Pointe and the surrounding area. Across the street from the Grosse Pointe Woods Library and around the corner from Lake St. Clair, our easy access community is an ideal location for those around greater Metro Detroit. Our full-service senior living location blends bed and breakfast amenities with an intimate, comfortable, safe place to call home. Our restaurant-style dining and vibrant activities program fill each day with a chance to honor the past and embrace the present. Sunrise on Vernier's tenured Reminiscence team shines in honoring the individual wishes of our residents, whether it's an impromptu trip to a resident's favorite donut shop, or enabling someone to enjoy an evening soak in our spa bathtub. Each day brings an opportunity to engage our seniors across the spectrum in their dementia needs. Edna's Place, a cozy neighborhood within the community, caters to those requiring additional specialized care to 'age in place'. Our Life Enrichment Program and Resident-centered care model allows residents to enjoy the one-on-one attention essential in ensuring our seniors live full, purposeful lives. Our long-standing reputation in providing premiere memory care allows us to encourage the independence of the seniors we serve. Contact us today to schedule a tour to experience the Sunrise on Vernier Difference!
Pricing at Sunrise on Vernier
*Prices quoted are monthly rental charges and are provided by the communities themselves. Actual prices may differ due to one-time fees, timing and care services required. Speak with your Senior Living Advisor to learn more.
Reviews of Sunrise on Vernier
A place were your love one can reside in dignity. The facility is very clean and spacious.
- Great Staff, Very Friendly
My tour of this community was very good. I really enjoyed my tour guide, she was very kind and sweet. She showed me all around the community. Everything looked great, and very nice and clean. The staff I came...
- I give Sunrise on Vernier 5 stars!!!!
My mom was doing well at this community before her fall. The staff were quick to respond when this happened. The community is kept very clean and I would recommend it. She likes the food and participating...See all 9 community reviews
Community Details at Sunrise on Vernier
Senior Housing Types Provided at Sunrise on Vernier
The features and amenities that are displayed on this page contain marketing information provided by the community. A Place for Mom has not confirmed the completeness of the provided information, and cannot guarantee its accuracy.
To conduct a complete investigation, seniors and their families should:
- Tour any listed location to confirm the accuracy of the community description;
- Confirm that the community offers services that are required for the senior’s specific needs and budget; and
- Check additional licensing and state audit information.
If you become aware of any information that should be updated or noted, please contact A Place for Mom.