Assisted Living Job Titles
Here are a list of some of the main jobs at assisted living communities. Note that some communities may have different names for these positions.
- Executive Director: Runs the community and is the most senior staff member
- Caregivers: Provide hands on care such as assistance with activities of daily living
- Medical Director: A doctor or nurse who oversees all medical aspects of the community and care plans for the residents
- Nurse: Some assisted living communities have nurses on staff at all times, while other only have nurses on staff part time
- Medical Technicians: Staff members who can dispense medicines but do not have the qualifications of a nurse
- Marketing director: Helps spread the word about the community and finds new residents
- Activity directors: Plans activities and events at the community
- Therapists (i.e. physical, occupational, speech): Certified professionals who work with residents to improve their level of functioning
- Head chef & cooks: Responsible for planning and preparing meals for all residents
- Wait staff: Serve residents food at mealtimes
- Driver: Drives residents to scheduled appointments, or drives a community bus or van to events
- Technology/computer expert: Maintain computers and other digital technologies
- Facilities director: Responsible for maintaining the building and assuring safety standards are met
- Groundskeeper: Manages and oversees landscaping of the community
We welcome your comments below.
We Can Help! Our local advisors can help your family make a confident decision about senior living.