Lessons of Love from Caregivers
In honor of the upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday, we asked caregivers to share the most important lessons that they’ve learned from caring for — and loving — others.
Today, we’re sharing their sage advice and lessons with you.
10 Lessons of Love from Caregivers
We thank all of the caregivers who took the time to share these lessons of love with us, and are wishing them a happy Valentine’s Day this year.
1. “I am strengthened most by knowing in my heart, that unconditional love is the one most important part of my role in truly loving and accepting my mom exactly where she is, on any given circumstance.” – Terrie G.
2. “It makes you feel good about yourself and it makes your bond so much stronger.” – Iris C.
3. “It’s not how often you call that counts, but how present you are during the times you do.” – Tracey F.
4. “Learning the circle of life is an enduring treasure.” – Patricia F.
5. “No matter how much you do for someone else, you can always find room in your heart to do a little bit more.” – Marie S.
6. “What matters most is the service to others.” – Bobbi C.
7. “When you give and do from the heart, it always gives more to you in return!” – Nik S.
8. “When you love someone so much, life itself is almost nil. That one smile coming from those that you are caring for, can almost melt your heart.” – Marie S.
9. “You do it for the welfare of the one you’re caring for, not yourself.” – Celeste C.
10. “You only keep what you have by giving it away!” – Kathleen K.
Thank you to all of the caregivers in our community who submitted their lessons of love to us! We loved hearing from you, and invite you to share any more caregiving tips with us in the comments below.
We Can Help! Our local advisors can help your family make a confident decision about senior living.