When choosing assisted living care, consumers are reliant on their state’s regulatory agencies to provide information about communities and their backgrounds. Public access to assisted living records varies greatly state by state. Here is a snapshot of the level of transparency in the state of North Dakota:
- North Dakota has above average transparency into assisted living records and a generally good website for looking into these records.
- North Dakota was marked down for having inspections that occur on a less than annual basis.
HOW TO ACCESS RECORDS
- Visit North Dakota Department of Health Deficiency Statement Search to search for records of assisted living providers. From the search form enter the name, city,or county to find information on providers.
- Visit the US Administration on Aging’s Eldercare Locator to locate the appropriate long-term-care ombudsman. He or she can often provide specific information about communities and their backgrounds.
- If you need to make a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to get records, consider browsing these state-by-state resources from theNational Freedom of Information Coalition, which includes sample state-specific FOIA letters.
North Dakota Accessibility Criteria
Our ratings are based on the objective criteria outlined in the table below.
SELECT ANOTHER STATE
|1||Are licensed assisted living communities listed online in any form?||Yes|
|2||If Yes to #1, is the information updated frequently?||Yes|
|3||If Yes to #1, is the list of licensed communities searchable?||Yes|
|4||Does the state post inspections, complaints, survey results, or violations online?||Yes|
|5||If Yes to #4, is the information updated frequently? [within 90 days]||Yes|
|6||If Yes to #2 and #4, is the enforcement information included in the same place as licensed communities?||No or N/A|
|7||If Yes to #4 and No to #6, are violations / inspections searchable at all?||Yes|
|8||Is information about special licensing for care shown?||Yes|
|10||Payment types shown, [e.g. Medicaid, private pay]?||No|
|11||Administrator / Contact name shown?||Yes|
|12||State may fine facility?||Yes|
|13||Frequency of inspections?||Every 24 months|
|14||Website includes pricing of facility?||No|