Caregivers spend most of their time giving to others and usually put themselves at the bottom of their “to-do” lists. Many caregivers are so in tune with the emotions of those they are caring for that they forget to notice their own. Journaling is a great way to sort out those feelings, track trends and develop ideas for coping with stress.
OUR CAREGIVER WELL-BEING CHART CAN HELP!
The chart is divided into 5 sections:
- Date. Keep track of the day-to-day to help note changes and milestones
- Today I feel. Describe your feelings to identify and process emotions and keep track of them over time
- What happened today. Record daily events to create a useful record that you can refer back to in the weeks and months ahead.
- Peaks and pits. Pay attention to the day’s high points and low valleys to helps process your thoughts and feelings.
- Tomorrow I will. Set intentions to help prioritize actions and provide a sense of accomplishment day in and day out.
Download and print out the Caregiver Well-Being Chart, including a sample chart, to get started today.