Commonwealth Senior Living at Stafford
30 Kings Crest Drive Stafford VA 22554
Now offering virtual tours. Call us now to schedule.
Senior Living in Stafford, VA
At Commonwealth Senior Living at Stafford, â€œWe Listen, We Love, We Care, We Serve.â€ These are the words that inspire us to provide the highest quality of service to you and your family.
Located in Stafford, VA, youâ€™ll discover us tucked away in a charming residential neighborhood only 8 miles from Quantico and 10 miles from Fredericksburg. Our assisted living and memory care communities offer the best of both worlds, as youâ€™ll find peaceful grounds and beautiful courtyards while also being conveniently located near shopping, dining, entertainment and renowned medical facilities.
Weâ€™re here to lend a hand in any way you require â€” including help with bathing, getting dressed or managing your medication. We understand the importance of having your own private space and alone time. Yet we also provide you with the reassurance that assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, whatever you may need. Weâ€™re here to make your life easier so you can relax without worry.
A Vibrant, Engaging Lifestyle
By practicing person-centered care, we tailor our services to your loved oneâ€™s individualized needs. We encourage our residents to engage with life at their own pace, and we support that by offering a chance to share delicious meals through our award-winning Farm-to-Table and Today from the Bay dining programs, experience different cultures and lifestyles with our Travel the World program or simply have a meaningful conversation in one of our beautiful outdoor sitting areas. Youâ€™ll also discover there really can be more hours in a day when you live here â€” because we take care of all the maintenance and housekeeping services so your time is truly your own.
Close to the Potomac River, weâ€™re only 35 miles from Washington, D.C. should you ever decide to take an excellent sightseeing trip. Not only do we enjoy easy access to several regional hospitals if your care needs should ever require, but you may also want to explore some of our local attractions, including Civil War historical tours, a visit to George Washington and Mary Washingtonâ€™s homes, winery tours, Old Town Stafford and a visit to Lake Anna State Park.
Come see for yourself all that we can offer to make this your perfect home. Please call to schedule a personal tour of Commonwealth Senior Living at Stafford today!
Levels of Care
At Commonwealth Senior Living at Stafford, assisted living balances the active independence that our residents want with the 24-hour support they need. Itâ€™s the ideal combination. We realize that while the need for support may have brought our residents to us, their desire to live an active, fulfilling and engaging lifestyle hasnâ€™t changed at all.
At Commonwealth, the care we deliver is personalized. We know that no two residents have the same needs, abilities or preferences. To deliver the right amount of care and support, we create individual care plans for each resident. Our specially trained caregivers meet directly with residents, their family members and personal physicians to develop the most appropriate care plans. The care plans deliver the care that is needed â€“ perhaps assisting the resident with getting dressed or bathing or helping them get around the community, but also identifies and supports each individualâ€™s retained abilities, promoting independence and dignity.
Memory CareSweet MemoriesTM at Commonwealth Senior Living at Stafford
At Commonwealth Senior Living at Stafford, we believe that people with Alzheimerâ€™s disease and other forms of dementia have very unique needs that deserve very unique care. Our Sweet MemoriesTM program was designed to meet those needs and deliver that care, both today and in the future.It all starts with our team of dedicated caregivers. Certified in Virtual Dementia Tour® training, our team members have a very personal and thorough understanding of the challenges presented by Alzheimerâ€™s disease or another form of dementia. Award-Winning Care â€¢ Sweet MemoriesTM
Commonwealthâ€™s Sweet MemoriesTM memory care program has been created to deliver the most exceptional care and lifestyle to our residents living with Alzheimerâ€™s disease and other forms of dementia.
From the welcoming, homey feeling of our memory care neighborhoods to the experience of our management team, everything in our program has been carefully chosen to deliver the best memory care experience possible.
Understanding that each person in our care has different needs, Sweet MemoriesTM takes a resident-centered approach. By developing a personalized care plan, we can provide support that not only meets needs, but also promotes abilities and independence.Program Components
Sweet MemoriesTM consists of three primary components to ensure an exceptional memory care experience.
- Move-in: From physical to emotional needs, we guide our residents through every step of the transition to our community, whether from home or hospital.
- Evaluation through life history: We get to know each resident personally. We conduct a comprehensive interview with family members. We talk. We ask questions. We listen. We get to know our residents as people. We learn about their medical, mental, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs, as well as their habits and preferences.
- Resident-centered care plan: With this very personal knowledge, our leadership team creates a customized care plan to meet the specific needs of the resident.
Unique and effective, our signature Sweet MemoriesTM programs make a tremendous difference in the lives of our residents and their families.
One Sweet Memory: Winner of the Best Practice Award from the Virginia Assisted Living Association (VALA), for going above and beyond the standards of care. Our team members regularly capture highlights of each residentâ€™s day in photographs that are shared regularly with family members.
Expressions: When verbal skills begin to fail, art can become a means of self-expression for residents. Conversational prompting stimulates memories which residents can interpret using a variety of mediums, including painting.
Special Touch: Designed specifically for those with late-stage memory loss, this program provides â€œspecial touchesâ€ that make a difference in care. In the morning, before breakfast, residents enjoy citrus scented towels to awaken taste buds; before dinner, lavender scented towels help to relax, reinforce the natural circadian rhythm and encourage residents to enjoy their meals.
Sweet Melodies: For those with latter stage dementia who have lost verbal skills, Sweet Melodies stirs memories by using nostalgic music selected by family members.
SMILETM Technology: Through SMILETM, we can remain connected to your loved one every day. This computer program enables us to keep you updated on your loved oneâ€™s participation in and enjoyment of our programming, sharing photos and stories with you on a daily basis.
Memory Care Life Stations: Thoughtful spaces invite your loved one to reconnect and engage with past hobbies, professions and passions.Sweet MemoriesTM Services & Amenities:
- Healthy, family-style dining options that meet dining skill levels and nutritional needs
- Regularly activity schedules that stimulate the mind and body, as well as customized socialization programs designed to fit the cognitive, social and mental skills of the resident
- Open and secure outdoor spaces such as courtyards and gardens
- Monthly support group meetings for families
- Private or companion suites with private baths
- Personal care services
- Medication management
- Weekly housekeeping/linens
- 24-hour staffing
- Open-door policy that encourages 24-hour visitation
- Monthly family night dinners
- Sweet Memories TM programming
- Community newsletter
Services & Amenities
It is our pleasure and purpose to ensure that our residentsâ€™ lives are as peaceful, comforting and uplifting as possible.
- Private and semi-private suite options
- Full bathrooms with safety features
- Warmly decorated elegant common areas
- Elegantly landscaped outdoor courtyards
- Emergency call response systems in every suite
- Monitored fire and safety systems
- Television, computer, and media library areas
- Elegant dining rooms
- Full-service hair salon and barber shop
- Free transportation for all activities, events, and doctor appointments
- Individually controlled heating and cooling in each suite
- All utilities included (except telephone and cable TV)
- Family and guest meals available
- Free residential parking areas available
- Full library with large print books
- Pet-friendly: all cats and dogs must be pre-approved by our Executive Director, be house trained, and have a recent Veterinarian statement of good health
When you visit Commonwealth Senior Living at Stafford, donâ€™t be surprised if you see seniors getting exercise both indoors and outside, sporting lei and straw hats at our luaus, or even getting up close and personal with ponies and baby chicks. We believe that variety is the spice of life, whether young or old, and our event calendar reflects our commitment to innovation and family involvement.
A sampling of our activities include:
- Health and wellness learning
- Diverse social activities
- Daily exercise programs
- Group community excursions
- Intergenerational activities
- Lifelong learning activities
- Community volunteer activities
- Multi-faith spiritual worship
- Computer skills technology
- Musical and artistic activities
Pricing at Commonwealth Senior Living at Stafford
*Prices quoted are monthly rental charges and are provided by the communities themselves. Actual prices may differ due to one-time fees, timing and care services required. Speak with your Senior Living Advisor to learn more.
Reviews of Commonwealth Senior Living at Stafford
Community Details at Commonwealth Senior Living at Stafford
Senior Housing Types Provided at Commonwealth Senior Living at Stafford
The features and amenities that are displayed on this page contain marketing information provided by the community. A Place for Mom has not confirmed the completeness of the provided information, and cannot guarantee its accuracy.
To conduct a complete investigation, seniors and their families should:
- Tour any listed location to confirm the accuracy of the community description;
- Confirm that the community offers services that are required for the senior’s specific needs and budget; and
- Check additional licensing and state audit information.
If you become aware of any information that should be updated or noted, please contact A Place for Mom.