Best Pieces of Life Advice from Mom
Unconditional love and a mother’s wisdom. These words encapsulate moms around the world. Some say moms have a ‘sixth sense’ when it comes to their children as they are so in tune with their needs; which is precisely why their life advice should not be ignored.
There’s no question that life is tough. Luckily, moms help guide and protect their children, arming them with profound and time-tested wisdom. Here is a compilation of great life advice moms have bestowed on their children.
35 Best Pieces of Life Advice from Mom
Mothers are an inspiration and their children’s biggest fans. Their life advice resonates in their children’s minds and is often passed down through generations.
With Mother’s Day approaching, it’s important to reflect on teachings from Mom and realize how important she truly is as the matriarch of the family and as our greatest teacher with our best interests at heart.
1. “Laughter is truly the best medicine.”
2. “Always make sure you can take care of yourself.”
3. “Get an education.”
4. “Don’t spend more than you earn.”
5. “Whatever you do, do it well and try your hardest.”
6. “Volunteer and be part of your community.”
7. “Accept your limitations.”
8. “Be grateful for what you have.”
9. “Read to your children.”
10. “Think critically.”
11. “Don’t smoke.”
12. “Exercise daily.”
13. “Recognize beauty in small things.”
14. “Treat others the way you want to be treated.”
15. “Live life to the fullest, even in hard times.”
16. “Forgive and forget. Life is too short to hold grudges.”
17. “Take care of your teeth.”
18. “Remember that it’s not what you say, but how you say it.”
19. “Doing the right things isn’t always easy, but it’s easier than the alternative.”
20. “Don’t give up, stay strong. If all else fails, have a good cry (but privately)!”
21. “Failure is not an option — Do whatever it takes to fulfill your obligations.”
22. “Good looks are skin deep and fade with time; It’s what’s inside that counts.”
23. “Life is not fair — get over it and move on.”
24. “Be non-judgmental and accepting of all people.”
25. “Offer support however you can for your children and help them accomplish their goals.”
26. “Remember that you can never be too kind.”
27. “Whatever you do, do it well.”
28. “Don’t let anyone make you feel bad about yourself.”
29. “Buy organic food.”
30. “Remember that ‘this too, shall pass.'”
31. “Never miss an opportunity to learn a new skill.”
32. “Anything worth having is worth working for.”
33. “Manners are free and people will judge you by your etiquette.”
34. “Drink lots of water.”
35. “No matter who enters your life, never lose sight of who you are.”
Honoring Our Mothers
Usually by the time we reach adulthood and go through some of life challenges, Mom’s good advice sinks in.
While pearls of wisdom can come in many forms, remembering the sage words from someone special, who has experienced life, loss and love — and who adores you — are pretty darn important words to remember.
Remember to take time for your Mom this Mother’s Day.
Which pieces of life advice from Mom did you enjoy the most? How has your mother influenced you? Share your advice and stories with us in the comments below.
We Can Help! Our local advisors can help your family make a confident decision about senior living.