Many of our communities offer virtual tours. Call us now to schedule.
Searching for Senior Apartments facilities in Highland, UT?
Expert Senior Living Advisors from A Place for Mom can help direct you to Senior Apartments facilities. Together, we will find the perfect fit for your loved one; and we will provide direction and support as needed. We partner with 3 Senior Apartments facilities in UT and the surrounding area, so there are many options to choose from. A Place for Mom is the largest senior living referral service in North America, and we can help you make a good choice at no cost to you.
Looking for general info? Click here for more on Senior Apartments in Highland.
Cost of Living
Cost of living can be a motivating factor when deciding which facility is best for you or your loved one's needs. The rent burden for Highland is around 16.8% of the average monthly income. The median home value in Highland is around $499,407 and the median price for rent is around $1,886 a month.
Demographics and Values
In terms of education, 8.6% have a high-school diploma, 20.9% have a graduate degree, and 58.7% have a college degree. Demographically, Highland is 1.8% Hispanic, 0.1% Pacific Islander or Native Hawaiian, 95.6% white, 0.4% other or not specified, 0.6% black, 0.0% Native American, 1.1% Asian, and 2.2% mixed race. Out of the total population of Highland, 3.3% live in poverty, 61.9% participate in the labor force, 2.9% do not have health insurance, and 1.5% are widowed. Out of the total city population, 48.9% are female and 51.1% are male. The median age of Highland is 24 years old. In Highland, 3.8% of the people are veterans. Highland has a population density of 846 people per square mile. The total population of Highland consists of 18,957 people.
An overview of Utah
The natural beauty of Utah is ranked 49th in the nation. The quality of life enjoyed by the average Utah citizen is ranked 4th nation-wide. Additionally, Utah is ranked 9th by healthcare standards. There are 53 general hospitals and 53 health centers that provide care for 3,220,176 Utah residents. The top three hospitals in the state are considered to be Utah Valley Hospital, Lds Hospital, and Lakeview Hospital. Out of a national average of 100, Utah has a cost of living index rating of 98, a grocery index rating of 99, and a housing index rating of 94.
Social demographics of the state
In the last presidential election 27% of Utah residents voted Democrat and 46% voted Republican. The state of Utah ranks 44th in the country for diversity. The median age in the state is 31, and 21% of the population is over the age of 55. In terms of religious values, 53% of Utah's population regularly attend some form of service and there are in total 5,557 different congregations. The top three Christian denominations in the state are Evangelical Protestant-7%, Mainline Protestant-6%, and Historically Black Protestant-1%. The top three non-Christian denominations in the state are Jewish-<1%, Muslim-<1%, and Buddhist-<1%. In Utah there are 34 masonic lodges.
State-wide weather information
On average, the humidity rating for Utah is around 52%. Humidity levels tend to reach their peak in the month of December at around 75%. The most precipitation occurs in March with an average of 4.09 inches of precipitation a month. On average, the state receives 1.12 inches of precipitation a month. The average temperature in the summer rises to around 70Â°F. The average high summer temperature is around 101Â°F in the month of July. In the summer, the average low temperature drops to around 35Â°F during the month of June. The average temperature in the winter falls to around 28Â°F. During the winter, the average high temperature peaks at around 60Â°F during the month of February. In the winter months, the average low temperature falls to around 3Â°F during the month of January. On average, Utah has an air quality index rating of around 51.3 AQI. The highest seasonal air quality index rating occurs in the month of July with a rating of 74.0 AQI. While residents of Utah mostly enjoy pleasant conditions, it's important to be aware of inclement weather as well, which in Utah can include earthquakes and tornados.
Wildlife to be found in Utah
The state of Utah has a diverse array of plant and animal life. Local plant life can consist of chokecherry, sweet william, hawthorn, and maple. While venturing throughout the state, you might see animals such as the arizona woodrat, the mule deer, the allen's big-eared bat, or the american beaver. The state animal of Utah is the the wapiti elk.