Sunrise of Thornhill
484 Steeles Avenue West Thornhill ON L4J0C7
Thorne Mill on Steeles is an assisted living community located in beautiful Thornhill, ON. Our community is central, located close to many amenities, easy to access by car or transit, and surrounded by both a tranquil neighbourhood and numerous city parks.
Thorne Mill's skilled staff put an emphasis on independence and dedicated care above all else. Because no resident is exactly alike, each care program is designed with the individual in mind, letting you or your loved one make the most of every day. For those living with dementia or Alzheimer's and the resulting memory loss, Thorne Mill's specialized program provides a dedicated neighbourhood for memory care. Our separate memory care team is dedicated to caring for your loved one by stimulating fond memories and providing assistance, with an emphasis on dignity and individuality. Thorne Mill's many services and amenities include:
- Variety of clubs and activities for every level of fitness and mobility
- Private dining room for hosting visiting friends or family
- Swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, and day spa
- On-site beauty salon, barbershop, and general store
- Scheduled transportation service as well as private town cars
- 24-hour staff availability
We at Thorne Mill on Steeles invite you to experience the stress-free and enriching life we are proud to offer.
*Prices quoted are monthly rental charges and are provided by the communities themselves. Actual prices may differ due to one-time fees, timing and care services required. Speak with your Senior Living Advisor to learn more.
Sunrise of Thornhill Reviews
Sunrise sets the bar very high. If it was affordable and the cost of care was predictable I would not hesitate to have my Mom live and be taken care of in his community. I love that they have 2 floors - assisted...
Residents are sociable, active and engaged. Staff is helpful and relate well with residents. Great exercise classes! Food is below average, not enough mix in nationalities
- Overall I've been pretty impressed.
It's very good. The only thing is sometimes when you call there can be a ten minute lag for the call button from the time you press it until someone comes. The food is decent, and the facility is nice....See all 12 community reviews
Housing Types Provided
The features and amenities that are displayed on this page contain marketing information provided by the community. A Place for Mom has not confirmed the completeness of the provided information, and cannot guarantee its accuracy.
To conduct a complete investigation, seniors and their families should:
- Tour any listed location to confirm the accuracy of the community description;
- Confirm that the community offers services that are required for the senior’s specific needs and budget; and
- Check additional licensing and state audit information.
If you become aware of any information that should be updated or noted, please contact A Place for Mom.