New Dawn Memory Care of Aurora
2000 S Blackhawk St Aurora CO 80014
• Nurse on site 24 hours a day
• Diabetic Management
• Special Diets of all kinds with dietician consult
• Medical Director and Rounding Physicians
• 1:4 Staffing Ratio which is the best in the industry
• Cognitive Action Therapy (Specialized Activity Program 1:16 Staffing Ratio)
• Electronic Medical Records & Omniview Online Pharmacy
• Long Term Care Insurance
• GPS tracking watches for all of our residents
• Admissions 24 hours a day
New Dawn Memory Care is improving the resident experience through technology. Each resident is gifted with a GPS tracking watch so we can monitor the location the residents within their cottage. All residents upon move in are also gifted with a fall detection unit. This is help in assisting our caregivers and nurses if a resident needs assistance. In each one of the cottages we have an IN2L system. The IN2L System is a cognitive development computer, which adapts to residents unique abilities and interests. With the touch screen component, residents are able to self-initiate different programs such as games, watching old news clips and or simply drawing on the screen. New Dawn Memory Care won AASHA award for the design of the future. Each one of the three cottages have 16 private rooms with private bathrooms so the resident will have their privacy. There are 4 separate walking paths within each of the cottages to encourage residents to roam without becoming frustrated.
*Prices quoted are monthly rental charges and are provided by the communities themselves. Actual prices may differ due to one-time fees, timing and care services required. Speak with your Senior Living Advisor to learn more.
New Dawn Memory Care of Aurora Reviews
- A good place.
This community offers three buildings for each level of memory care. My husband is in level three and there is a ratio of one staff member to every four residents. They are doing the best they can and are...
- Great Holiday Parties!!
My father has recently moved into this community because of the level of memory care they provide to there residents. The staff do a great job on making sure he is calm and comfortable throughout his day as...
- A better approach to caring for dementia.
My dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. This facility is the only one I found that is truly capable of caring for someone with this disease. The staff really seems to understand it and takes a very different...See all 13 community reviews
Housing Types Provided
The features and amenities that are displayed on this page contain marketing information provided by the community. A Place for Mom has not confirmed the completeness of the provided information, and cannot guarantee its accuracy.
To conduct a complete investigation, seniors and their families should:
- Tour any listed location to confirm the accuracy of the community description;
- Confirm that the community offers services that are required for the senior’s specific needs and budget; and
- Check additional licensing and state audit information.
If you become aware of any information that should be updated or noted, please contact A Place for Mom.