Commonwealth Senior Living at Hagerstown
310 Cameo Dr Hagerstown MD 21740
Now offering virtual tours. Call us now to schedule.
Senior Living in Hagerstown, MD
â€œWe Listen, We Love, We Care, We Serve.â€
At Commonwealth Senior Living at Hagerstown, we make this pledge to our residents and families every day. We listen so we can get to know you, and with love and care, we can serve and support you to live your best life. We think youâ€™ll find that weâ€™re not home-like â€” weâ€™re home.
Located in Hagerstown, MD, we are the only stand-alone specialized memory care community in the area, and we are known for our specialized care. With our gorgeous outdoor courtyards, tall trees and meandering sidewalk path, not only will you find shaded areas to sit and enjoy, but also a sense of well-being and calm.
Youâ€™ll never need to worry about receiving assistance as our personal care team is here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. On-site and available â€” day or night â€” we help with the daily activities of living or any other needs that might arise. We respect your privacy, but we also provide you with the comfort of knowing weâ€™re here if you need us.
A Vibrant, Engaging Lifestyle
By practicing person-centered care, we tailor our services to your loved oneâ€™s individualized needs. We encourage our residents to engage with life at their own pace, and we support that by offering a chance to share delicious meals through our award-winning Farm-to-Table and Today from the Bay dining programs, experience different cultures and lifestyles with our Travel the World program or simply have a meaningful conversation in one of our beautiful outdoor sitting areas. Youâ€™ll also discover there really can be more hours in a day when you live here â€” because we take care of all the maintenance and housekeeping services so your time is truly your own.
Our whole-person approach to senior living extends to our award-winning Sweet Memories™ programs that have been proven to elevate care and enhance the experience of our residents living with Alzheimerâ€™s disease and other forms of dementia. Our signature memory care programs blend a warm, homelike environment with the personalized care of compassionate caregivers, familiar routines and staff, and engaging programs and activities that provide our residents with the best experiences.
Although weâ€™re only 70 miles from Baltimore or Washington, D.C., we have nearby access to excellent medical care at two regional hospitals, should the need ever arise. Our area enjoys many local attractions, such as the historical South Mountain State Battlefield and the Antietam National Battlefield. Also, the Maryland Theatre, the Western Maryland Blues Fest, the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts and the Catoctin Wildlife Preserve and Zoo are close by. We invite you to discover all that Commonwealth Senior Living at Hagerstown has to offer. Please call to schedule your personal tour today!
Levels of Care
Sweet Memories™ at Commonwealth Senior Living at Hagerstown
At Commonwealth Senior Living at Hagerstown, we believe that people with Alzheimerâ€™s disease and other forms of dementia have very unique needs that deserve very unique care. Our Sweet Memories™ program was designed to meet those needs and deliver that care, both today and in the future.
It all starts with our team of dedicated caregivers. Certified in Virtual Dementia Tour® training, our team members have a very personal and thorough understanding of the challenges presented by Alzheimerâ€™s disease or another form of dementia.
Award-Winning Care â€¢ Sweet Memories™
Commonwealthâ€™s Sweet Memories™ memory care program has been created to deliver the most exceptional care and lifestyle to our residents living with Alzheimerâ€™s disease and other forms of dementia.
From the welcoming, homey feeling of our memory care neighborhoods to the experience of our management team, everything in our program has been carefully chosen to deliver the best memory care experience possible.
Understanding that each person in our care has different needs, Sweet Memories™ takes a resident-centered approach. By developing a personalized care plan, we can provide support that not only meets needs, but also promotes abilities and independence.
Sweet Memories™ consists of three primary components to ensure an exceptional memory care experience.
- Move-in: From physical to emotional needs, we guide our residents through every step of the transition to our community, whether from home or hospital.
- Evaluation through life history: We get to know each resident personally. We conduct a comprehensive interview with family members. We talk. We ask questions. We listen. We get to know our residents as people. We learn about their medical, mental, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs, as well as their habits and preferences.
- Resident-centered care plan: With this very personal knowledge, our leadership team creates a customized care plan to meet the specific needs of the resident.
Signature Programs â€¢ Signature Experience
Unique and effective, our signature Sweet Memories™ programs make a tremendous difference in the lives of our residents and their families.
One Sweet Memory: Winner of the Best Practice Award from the Virginia Assisted Living Association (VALA), for going above and beyond the standards of care. Our team members regularly capture highlights of each residentâ€™s day in photographs that are shared regularly with family members.
Expressions: When verbal skills begin to fail, art can become a means of self-expression for residents. Conversational prompting stimulates memories which residents can interpret using a variety of mediums, including painting.
Special Touch: Designed specifically for those with late-stage memory loss, this program provides â€œspecial touchesâ€ that make a difference in care. In the morning, before breakfast, residents enjoy citrus scented towels to awaken taste buds; before dinner, lavender scented towels help to relax, reinforce the natural circadian rhythm and encourage residents to enjoy their meals.
Sweet Melodies: For those with latter stage dementia who have lost verbal skills, Sweet Melodies stirs memories by using nostalgic music selected by family members.
SMILE™ Technology: Through SMILE™, we can remain connected to your loved one every day. This computer program enables us to keep you updated on your loved oneâ€™s participation in and enjoyment of our programming, sharing photos and stories with you on a daily basis.
Memory Care Life Stations: Thoughtful spaces invite your loved one to reconnect and engage with past hobbies, professions and passions.
Sweet Memories™ Services & Amenities
- Healthy, family-style dining options that meet dining skill levels and nutritional needs
- Regularly activity schedules that stimulate the mind and body, as well as customized socialization programs designed to fit the cognitive, social and mental skills of the resident
- Open and secure outdoor spaces such as courtyards and gardens
- Monthly support group meetings for families
- Private or companion suites with private baths
- Personal care services
- Medication management
- Weekly housekeeping/linens
- 24-hour staffing
- Open-door policy that encourages 24-hour visitation
- Monthly family night dinners
- Sweet Memories™ programming
- Community newsletter
Services & Amenities
It is our pleasure and purpose to ensure that our residentsâ€™ lives are as peaceful, comforting and uplifting as possible.
- Private and semi-private suite options
- Full bathrooms with safety features
- Warmly decorated elegant common areas
- Elegantly landscaped outdoor courtyards
- Emergency call response systems in every suite
- Monitored fire and safety systems
- Television, computer, and media library areas
- Elegant dining rooms
- Full-service hair salon and barber shop
- Free transportation for all activities, events, and doctor appointments
- Individually controlled heating and cooling in each suite
- All utilities included (except telephone and cable TV)
- Family and guest meals available
- Free residential parking areas available
- Full library with large print books
- Pet-friendly: all cats and dogs must be pre-approved by our Executive Director, be house trained, and have a recent Veterinarian statement of good health
Whether theyâ€™re putting on grass skirts and hula dancing or painting their best Monet impressions, at Hagerstown, our seniors are always busy expressing themselves creatively, moving their bodies, and making enduring friendships in a safe, nurturing environment.
A sampling of our activities include:
- Health and wellness learning
- Cooking and baking classes
- Diverse social activities
- Daily exercise programs
- Group community excursions
- Multi-faith spiritual worship
- Musical and artistic activities
- Trivia, bingo, and other games
- Themed family dinners
Pricing at Commonwealth Senior Living at Hagerstown
*Prices quoted are monthly rental charges and are provided by the communities themselves. Actual prices may differ due to one-time fees, timing and care services required. Speak with your Senior Living Advisor to learn more.
Reviews of Commonwealth Senior Living at Hagerstown
Community Details at Commonwealth Senior Living at Hagerstown
Senior Housing Types Provided at Commonwealth Senior Living at Hagerstown
The features and amenities that are displayed on this page contain marketing information provided by the community. A Place for Mom has not confirmed the completeness of the provided information, and cannot guarantee its accuracy.
To conduct a complete investigation, seniors and their families should:
- Tour any listed location to confirm the accuracy of the community description;
- Confirm that the community offers services that are required for the senior’s specific needs and budget; and
- Check additional licensing and state audit information.
If you become aware of any information that should be updated or noted, please contact A Place for Mom.