Army Distaff Foundation & Knollwood
6200 Oregon Ave NW Washington DC 20015
The Army Distaff Foundation owns and operates the Knollwood, an independent living community in Washington, D.C., in the County of Washington. Located on 16 green acres overlooking Rock Creek Park, the Knollwood provides secure, affordable studios, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments to retired male and female military officers as well as their female relatives. Although residents enjoy relaxing in this serene environment, our location is just a short distance away from various museums, theaters, art galleries, botanical gardens and other cultural attractions.
Our dedicated staff takes care of your cooking and cleaning needs, and our team maintains buildings and grounds so you can enjoy your golden years without the usual hassles of home ownership. Knollwood's staff members are committed to providing a secure community, so we have reception desk staff and security guards working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Knollwood offers a wide range of services and activities that cater to our residents' varied interests. A few of our numerous amenities include:
- An inviting, well-stocked library with a reference room, reading rooms, lending services and a fireplace
- Wellness center with a heated, indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi and fitness center
- A comfortable, community dining room that serves three meals a day
- An elegant, 1920s Tudor-style mansion available for social gatherings
- Pet-friendly community that welcomes dogs and cats
- Cozy indoor community areas, including card, crafts, game, computer and music rooms
We are proud to serve America's military veterans and invite you to join other active seniors at our Knollwood community.
*Prices quoted are monthly rental charges and are provided by the communities themselves. Actual prices may differ due to one-time fees, timing and care services required. Speak with your Senior Living Advisor to learn more.
Army Distaff Foundation & Knollwood Reviews
Housing Types Provided
The features and amenities that are displayed on this page contain marketing information provided by the community. A Place for Mom has not confirmed the completeness of the provided information, and cannot guarantee its accuracy.
To conduct a complete investigation, seniors and their families should:
- Tour any listed location to confirm the accuracy of the community description;
- Confirm that the community offers services that are required for the senior’s specific needs and budget; and
- Check additional licensing and state audit information.
If you become aware of any information that should be updated or noted, please contact A Place for Mom.