Grantsboro, North Carolina
Cost of Living
The neighborhood in which a senior care community is based might have a large effect on the total cost. The total cost of living is a motivating factor when deciding which destination works for you or your loved one's needs. The rent burden for Grantsboro is around 14.4% of the average monthly income. The median home value in Grantsboro is around $97,100 and the median rent is around $622 per month a month.
Demographics and Values
Out of the total city population, 53.6% are female and 46.4% are male. The median age of Grantsboro is 41 years old. In terms of education, 38.5% have a high-school diploma, 8.7% have a college degree, and 2.5% have a graduate degree. Grantsboro has a population density of 65 people per square mile. The total population of Grantsboro consists of 652 people. Racially, the population of Grantsboro is 11.2% Pacific Islander or Native Hawaiian, 63.5% white, 0.0% Asian, 9.0% Hispanic, 4.4% other or not specified, 13.8% black, 0.0% Native American, and 6.9% mixed race. In Grantsboro, 7.0% of the population are veterans. Out of the total population of Grantsboro, 20.3% do not have health insurance, 17.8% have some form of disability, 28.9% live in poverty, and 57.6% participate in the labor force.
An overview of North Carolina
Based on natural beauty, North Carolina ranks 36th in the nation. The state of North Carolina has a cost of living index of 94.0 where a score of 100 is the national average, and anything below 100 is considered less expensive than the national average. The state has a grocery index rating of 96.6 and a housing index rating of 83.1. In terms of personal well-being, North Carolina ranks 30th in healthcare and 18th in quality of life compared to other states. There are 123 general hospitals and 236 health centers that provide care for 10,497,679 North Carolina residents. The top three hospitals in the state are considered to be Memorial Mission Hospital And Asheville Surgery Ce, Atrium Health Kings Mountain, and The Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital.
Social demographics of the state
In terms of diversity, North Carolina ranks 20th in the nation. Thirty-nine percent of North Carolina residents regularly attend a religious service from one of the state's 15,737 different congregations. The top three non-Christian denominations in the state are Jewish-<1%, Muslim-<1%, and Buddhist-<1%, with the most common Christian denominations consisting of Evangelical Protestant-35%, Mainline Protestant-19%, and Historically Black Protestant-12%. In North Carolina there are 635 masonic lodges. The median age in the state is 39, and 29% of the population is over the age of 55. In the last presidential election 46% of North Carolina residents voted Democrat and 50% voted Republican.
State-wide weather information
North Carolina experiences an average humidity rating of about 71%. Humidity levels tend to reach their peak in the month of August at around 77%. The most precipitation occurs in July with an average of 9.06 inches of precipitation a month. The average monthly precipitation for the state of North Carolina is around 4.20 inches. The average air quality index rating in North Carolina is 36.0 AQI. The average air quality index rating peaks in the month of April with a rating of around 45.3 AQI. During the summer, the average temperature in North Carolina is around 76°F. The average high summer temperature is around 92°F in the month of July. In the summer, the average low temperature drops to around 53°F during the month of June. The average temperature in the winter falls to around 41°F. During the winter, the average high temperature peaks at around 62°F during the month of December. The average low temperature during the winter drops to around 19°F in the month of January. While residents of North Carolina mostly enjoy pleasant conditions, it's important to be aware of inclement weather as well, which in North Carolina can include hurricanes, floods, and and earthquakes (moderate).
Wildlife to be found in North Carolina
The state of North Carolina has a diverse array of plant and animal life. Local plant life can consist of yellow trout lily, yellow poplar, bitternut hickory, and winged elm. While venturing throughout the state, you might see animals such as the amberjack, the the american black bear, the groundhog, or the nine-banded armadillo. The state animal of North Carolina is the the squirrel.