Brandon Woods at Alvamar
1501 Inverness Drive Lawrence KS 66047
Brandon Woods Retirement Community
Brandon Woods Retirement Community is an assisted living community located in Lawrence, Kansas, in Douglas County and home to about 88,000 people. Located along the Wakarusa and Kansas Rivers, residents will enjoy this beautiful college town with its park-like settings and relaxed atmosphere. Residents can go to movies and shows, do their shopping and run errands, or relax in our comfortable community.
Brandon Woods Retirement Community is committed to giving our seniors the highest level of care in a quiet, home-like setting. Our highly trained staff specializes in memory care to help treat dementia and Alzheimer's and keep seniors active and socially engaged.
Our development is also very committed to encouraging a strong social dynamics through group events, arts and crafts, fun activities and other ways to encourage social interaction and dialog. Some of the available activities and amenities that we have available to residents include:
- Rehabilitation, speech therapy, occupational therapy, or physical therapy
- An on-site bank, a large indoor pool and an equipped gym
- Fun party nights, a cocktail lounge and a game room
- Arts and crafts, board games and a library with ample seating
- Spacious accommodations with different layouts and floor plans
- Nutritious well-balanced meals and healthy snacks
- Transportation to/from events and appointments
- Landscaped courtyards with plush gardens and outdoor seating
We are proud to assist the residents in our community and would be happy to have your loved one join us for relaxing social activities, fun events and games, and new friends at Brandon Woods Retirement Community.
Pricing at Brandon Woods at Alvamar
*Prices quoted are monthly rental charges and are provided by the communities themselves. Actual prices may differ due to one-time fees, timing and care services required. Speak with your Senior Living Advisor to learn more.
Reviews of Brandon Woods at Alvamar
- Nice place, overall
Overall our experience with Brandon Woods has been a good one. It is a nice looking place, and they do a good job keeping everything clean and well kept. The staff are friendly, and take good care of the residents....
- This visit was somewhat of ...
This visit was somewhat of a disappointment as they seemed to be 'rattled!' When I arrived no one knew of my arrival and I did not know just where to go as the directions were not clear. It could have...
- Looks nice - but care is not
After visiting a friend who had been moved there, what I already knew to be true was confirmed. Call lights go unanswered for LONG periods (15 to 50 minutes!!), bathing/grooming is ignored for days on end,...See all 4 community reviews
Community Details at Brandon Woods at Alvamar
Senior Housing Types Provided at Brandon Woods at Alvamar
The features and amenities that are displayed on this page contain marketing information provided by the community. A Place for Mom has not confirmed the completeness of the provided information, and cannot guarantee its accuracy.
To conduct a complete investigation, seniors and their families should:
- Tour any listed location to confirm the accuracy of the community description;
- Confirm that the community offers services that are required for the senior’s specific needs and budget; and
- Check additional licensing and state audit information.
If you become aware of any information that should be updated or noted, please contact A Place for Mom.