Ashmont Homes Inc.
100 Isabella St Ste 702 Ottawa ON K1S1V5
Description of Ashmont Homes, Inc. in Ottawa, ON
An eminently walkable home in a prestige neighborhood, at a lower cost for a LARGE suite.
We are not professional sales people but rather a husband and wife, Paul and Kim who have available privately owned condominiums located very close to the Queensway (Hwy 417) for rapid transportation throughout Ottawa. These are located within a provincially licensed retirement home in the centre of Ottawa at the north end of The Glebe, Ottawa's second most prestigious neighbourhood after Rockcliffe. This retirement home is located one block away from the Rideau Canal or two blocks from the Canadian Museum of Nature (AKA "the Stone Castle") or one block from the shops of Bank Street (an old-style main street with small shops that continue to thrive). Neighbours next door include a large modern grocery store, LCBO and bank with investor services.
We purchased these condominium homes a decade ago for family members when the building was only an architectural drawing and an ice warehouse stood on the spot. The project was delayed and in the interim our family members' circumstances changed and we inadvertently became landlords to two great senior couples.
Because we own the suites, we offer lower rents and better attention to detail than most retirement homes. The suite is attached to a retirement home; this means that all of the same social activities and many retirement home services are included and additional services are also available.
Unlike most institutional retirement homes, our suites are complete 2-bedroom apartments, with two full bathrooms, full kitchen, private solarium (some have two solaria), hardwood floors, granite counter-tops, walk-in-closet and in-suite storage room.
Included in basic Retirement Condo Package:
- 24-hour emergency response by on-site personnel
- Doctor office on site
- Duty staff at reception desk with concierge services
Recreational and social programs including:
- Fitness and wellness
- Snacks, Morning coffee and afternoon tea
- Four complimentary cocktails per week per person
- Ten meals per month per person in dining room (additional meal options available)
- Weekly light housekeeping
- Weekly laundry of bed linens and towels
- Air Conditioning, Electricity, Water and Heat included
- Laundry facilities available at no extra cost
- Administrative services
- Bus transportation to scheduled events
- Snacks and enjoyment
- Pet friendly
- Use of all shared amenities enjoyed by all
- Very active bridge card game community
- Book club
You get more for less cost! Our Glebe condominiums are not your typical retirement home suites
- Nine to twelve foot ceilings
- Private solarium
- Hardwood floors in living and dining areas
- Individually controlled air conditioning and heat
- Prewired for telephone, cable TV, high speed internet and security systems
Our beautiful, gourmet kitchens make everyday easier
- Designer-selected cabinetry with brushed chrome handles
- Optional swing-out Lazy Susan to maximize storage space
- Granite counter-top
- Quality appliance package refrigerator, self-cleaning range and laundry appliance
- Full sized dishwasher
- Full sized ceramic top stove with accessible controls
- Full sized French door fridge
- Polished stainless-steel sink featuring single-lever chrome faucet
Our luxurious bathrooms are customized to make you feel pampered by offering:
- Designer-selected cabinetry
- Acrylic bathtubs in main bath with ceramic wall tile surround
- Acrylic walk-in shower with built-in safety features
Additional facilities include:
- Creative centre
- Gym with exercise machines
- Games room with pool table and shuffle board
- Heated indoor swimming pool
Benefits of an upscale centrally located retirement home, superior apartment, more space, more rooms and higher end appliances at a lower cost than most retirement homes for similar amenities.
Pricing at Ashmont Homes Inc.
*Prices quoted are monthly rental charges and are provided by the communities themselves. Actual prices may differ due to one-time fees, timing and care services required. Speak with your Senior Living Advisor to learn more.
Reviews of Ashmont Homes Inc.
Community Details at Ashmont Homes Inc.
Senior Housing Types Provided at Ashmont Homes Inc.
The features and amenities that are displayed on this page contain marketing information provided by the community. A Place for Mom has not confirmed the completeness of the provided information, and cannot guarantee its accuracy.
To conduct a complete investigation, seniors and their families should:
- Tour any listed location to confirm the accuracy of the community description;
- Confirm that the community offers services that are required for the senior’s specific needs and budget; and
- Check additional licensing and state audit information.
If you become aware of any information that should be updated or noted, please contact A Place for Mom.