Idaho Falls, Idaho
Residential care homes arrange for a personal care for your loved one. Residential care homes offer a domiciliary care environment with around the clock staff and personalized care. This type of facility is similar to a single-family home. Services provided can include three meals a day, laundry, and transportation. The annual median cost for a private room is around $102,748 and the cost for a semi-private room is around $95,083. The state of Idaho has specific rules related to this type of facility. The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare regulates this facility type.
Cost of Living
Senior community price is influenced by the city in which it is located. The median home value in Idaho Falls is $145,707 and the median price for rent is $873 per month a month. The rent burden for Idaho Falls is around 17.1% of the average person's monthly income.
Demographics and Values
In Idaho Falls, 5.8% are widowed, 11.5% do not have health insurance, 63.3% participate in the labor force, and 14.8% live in poverty. In terms of education, 26.1% have a high-school diploma, 9.6% have a graduate degree, and 28.8% have a college degree. Idaho Falls has a population density of 1,009 people per square mile. In Idaho Falls, 8.2% of the people are veterans of the United States military. Racially, the population of Idaho Falls is 6.8% other or not specified, 0.1% Pacific Islander or Native Hawaiian, 14.6% Hispanic, 2.5% mixed race, 0.6% Native American, 1.3% Asian, 88.1% white, and 0.6% black. Out of the total city population, 49.7% are male and 50.3% are female. The median age of Idaho Falls is 33 years old.
An overview of Idaho
In terms of resources, Idaho has a cost of living index of 94.2, a grocery index rating of 92.2, and a housing index rating of 87.1. These index ratings are based on a system where 100 is considered the national average and anything below 100 is considered less expensive than the national average. Residents of Idaho enjoy its natural beauty which ranks 15th in the United States. In terms of personal well-being, Idaho ranks 26th in healthcare and 16th in quality of life compared to other states. There are 46 hospitals and 77 health centers that service a population of 1,790,237. The top three hospitals in the state are considered to be St Luke's Magic Valley Rmc, St Luke's Regional Medical Center, and Mountain View Hospital.
Social demographics of the state
In terms of religion, 35% of Idaho residents attend religious services among the 2,427 different congregations that are available in the state. The top three Christian denominations in the state are Evangelical Protestant-21%, Mainline Protestant-16%, and Historically Black Protestant-1%. The top three non-Christian denominations in the state are Jewish-<1%, Muslim-<1%, and Buddhist-<1%. In Idaho there are 55 masonic lodges. In the most recent presidential election, 59% of Idaho residents voted Republican and 27% voted Democrat. The state of Idaho ranks 34th in the country for diversity. The median age in the state is 37, and 28% of the population is over the age of 55.
State-wide weather information
The average temperature in the summer rises to around 65°F. Over the summer months the average high temperature peaks at around 97°F during the month of July. The average low summer temperature is around 31°F in the month of June. The average temperature in the winter falls to around 26°F. The average high winter temperature is around 49°F in the month of February. In the winter months, the average low temperature falls to around -2°F during the month of December. The average air quality index rating in Idaho is 32.5 AQI. The highest seasonal air quality index rating occurs in the month of August with a rating of 67.0 AQI. On average, the state receives 1.42 inches of precipitation a month. The most precipitation occurs in November with an average of 6.10 inches of precipitation a month. Idaho experiences an average humidity rating of about 62%. Humidity levels tend to reach their peak in the month of December at around 77%. While residents of Idaho mostly enjoy pleasant conditions, it's important to be aware of inclement weather as well, which in Idaho can include floods, earthquakes, and and tornados (moderate).
Wildlife to be found in Idaho
The state of Idaho has a diverse array of plant and animal life. Local plant life can consist of fragrant white sand-verbena, dwarf sandverbena, boise sand-verbena, and velvet-leaf. While venturing throughout the state, you might see animals such as the yellow bullhead, the pronghorn, the domestic cattle, or the domestic cattle. The state animal of Idaho is the appaloosa horse.