De Valls Bluff, Arkansas
Care homes provide seniors with a close sense of community without the agitation of larger nursing homes. Services provided might include regular dining options, laundry services, and transportation. This type of community is similar to a single-family home. In Arkansas, the annual median cost for an assisted living community is around $38,100. Arkansas has a number of provisions associated with this kind of community. The Arkansas Department of Human Services (DHS), Division of Medical Services, and Office of Long Term Care (Office) governs this type of community.
Cost of Living
The location where a care community is located might have a big influence on the cost of care. The overall cost of living is a motivating factor when choosing which destination meets the needs of you or your loved one's needs. The rent burden for De Valls Bluff is about 12.7% of the average monthly income.
Demographics and Values
Racially, the population of De Valls Bluff is 0.0% Asian, 0.0% Pacific Islander or Native Hawaiian, 0.0% Native American, 0.6% mixed race, 79.6% white, 2.8% Hispanic, 0.0% other or not specified, and 19.8% black. In De Valls Bluff, 7.0% of the people are veterans. Out of the total city population, 46.5% are female and 53.5% are male. The median age of De Valls Bluff is 42 years old. Out of the total population of De Valls Bluff, 6.8% do not have health insurance, 13.9% are widows, 22.1% live in poverty, and 50.1% participate in the labor force. In terms of education, 3.4% have a graduate degree, 34.1% have a high-school diploma, and 9.0% have a college degree. De Valls Bluff has a population density of 215 people per square mile. The current population of De Valls Bluff consists of 569 people.
An overview of Arkansas
Arkansas is ranked 45th in quality of life and 49th in healthcare. Residents of Arkansas enjoy its natural beauty which ranks 19th in the United States. There are 88 general hospitals and 130 health centers that provide care for 3,024,692 Arkansas residents. The top three hospitals in the state are considered to be Arkansas Heart Hospital, Llc, Arkansas Surgical Hospital, and And Mercy Hospital Northwest Arkansas. The state of Arkansas has a cost of living index of 88.4 where a score of 100 is the national average, and anything below 100 is considered less expensive than the national average. The state has a grocery index rating of 92.0 and a housing index rating of 73.9.
Social demographics of the state
The state of Arkansas ranks 33rd in the country for diversity. During the latest presidential election, 61% voted for the Republican candidate while 34% voted for the Democratic candidate. In terms of religious values, 41% of Arkansas's population regularly attend some form of service and there are in total 6,697 different congregations. The top three non-Christian denominations in the state are Jewish-<1%, Muslim-2%, and Buddhist-<1%, with the most common Christian denominations consisting of Evangelical Protestant-46%, Mainline Protestant-16%, and Historically Black Protestant-8%. In Arkansas there are 361 masonic lodges. In Arkansas, 30% of the population is over the age of 55. The median age in the state is 38.
State-wide weather information
The average air quality index rating in Arkansas is 38.8 AQI. The average air quality index rating peaks in the month of July with a rating of around 47.9 AQI. During the winter, the average temperature in Arkansas drops to around 41F. During the winter, the average high temperature peaks at around 60F during the month of February. In the winter months, the average low temperature falls to around 22F during the month of January. The average temperature in the summer rises to around 79F. The average high summer temperature is around 95F in the month of July. The average low summer temperature is around 60F in the month of June. On average, the humidity rating for Arkansas is around 71%. Humidity levels tend to reach their peak in the month of May at around 73%. The average monthly precipitation for the state of Arkansas is around 4.23 inches. The most precipitation occurs in May with an average of 6.85 inches of precipitation a month. While residents of Arkansas mostly enjoy pleasant conditions, it's important to be aware of inclement weather as well, which in Arkansas can include earthquakes (moderate) and tornadoes.
Wildlife to be found in Arkansas
The state of Arkansas has a diverse array of plant and animal life. Local plant life can consist of cypresses, water oak, orchid, and tulip trees. While venturing throughout the state, you might see animals such as the bobwhite quail, the mourning dove, the armadillo, or the black bears. The state animal of Arkansas is the white-tailed deer.