A Place for Mom was founded in 2000 to help families navigate the maze of senior housing options. Since then, A Place for Mom has grown to become the largest senior living referral service in the U.S. and Canada. Although our company name focuses on "mom," we help dad too! As well as uncles, aunts, brothers and sisters - anyone who is faced with finding the best senior living options for their loved ones.
Why We are Different
- Deep Knowledge & Compassion
With over 300,000 families helped each year, we know each family is unique. Our caring Advisors listen to your story and empower you with the information you need to find the best fit for your family situation.
- Personalized Support
Our compassionate Advisors will support you and keep in touch throughout your search process -- even after the move to make sure everything is going well.
- Local Experts
Our Advisors provide an insider's view on local care options, senior resources and can help you compare the features of each community.
- Advocates for Quality Senior Care
We review licenses, inspection reports, and other public information on the more than 16,500 senior housing partners that list their services in our network.
- Time Saving Resource
Our Advisors connect you with senior living options in your area that best meet your loved one's needs and circumstances.
- Your Opinion Counts
We rely on families to give us honest, up-to-date feedback. Sharing your impressions about the senior care providers in our network before and after the move with your Advisor, in MySearch and on SeniorAdvisor.com, benefits seniors, families and the senior living industry.
Our Quality Commitment to You
APFM performs quality assurance on our partner communities in the following ways:
- We monitor state and provincial resources to insure that communities partnered with APFM are not only licensed, but remain in good standing with the relevant regulatory agencies.
- We perform license reviews and official violation audits of partner communities twice a year.
- We direct families to available state websites and province websites that provide information regarding facility licensure, inspection summaries and violations.
- We provide online tools, including My Search and Cost of Care Calculator.
- We designate Senior Living Advisors as mandatory reporters for claims of senior abuse or neglect.
- We conduct criminal background checks on all A Place for Mom employees.
Mission & Core Values
A Place for Mom (APFM) is dedicated to being a comprehensive senior living resource. We aspire to be leaders in the senior care industry, providing valuable information, resources, and best-in-class customer service to families and partners. Our core values reflect this mission:
- Focus on excellence
- Act with integrity and assume positive intent
- Drive outcomes every day with passion and a sense of mission
- Make the lives of our families and customers better, easier and more successful
- Realize the full potential in each team member; work as a single supportive team
How Our Free Service Works
A Place for Mom is paid by the participating communities and providers in our network, therefore our service is offered at no charge to families. Our Senior Living Advisors are passionate about helping families and committed to delivering best-in-class service.