Commonwealth Senior Living at Monument Avenue
501 North Allen Avenue Richmond VA 23220
Now offering virtual tours. Call us now to schedule.
Commonwealth Senior Living at Monument Avenue
â€œWe Listen, We Love, We Care, We Serve.â€ Those are the words that stand behind the promise we make to both you and your family every day at Commonwealth Senior Living at Monument Avenue.
Located in the heart of Richmondâ€™s Historic Fan District, a Victorian residential neighborhood west of the downtown, youâ€™ll delight in the lifestyle of assisted living in an urban setting. Surrounded by the background of a cultural neighborhood, our period architectural building offers large windows with original stained glass and gorgeous monument views, providing the perfect setting for your new home.
Weâ€™re available for whatever you may need, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whether you require help with bathing, getting dressed, medication management or transportation to events, weâ€™re here. A time for peace and quiet or privacy is always beneficial but itâ€™s also reassuring to know youâ€™re never alone. Our specially trained caregivers are always on site, day and night, so you can rest easy.
A Vibrant, Engaging Lifestyle
By practicing person-centered care, we tailor our services to your loved oneâ€™s individualized needs. We encourage our residents to engage with life at their own pace, and we support that by offering a chance to share delicious meals through our award-winning Farm-to-Table and Today from the Bay dining programs, experience different cultures and lifestyles with our Travel the World program or simply have a meaningful conversation in one of our beautiful outdoor sitting areas. Youâ€™ll also discover there really can be more hours in a day when you live hereâ€”because we take care of all the maintenance and housekeeping services so your time is truly your own.
Youâ€™ll find weâ€™re within minutes of historical sites, museums, first-class dining, shopping and more. Weâ€™re only 50 miles to Williamsburg and 60 miles to Fredericksburg. We have excellent regional medical hospitals if you ever find you need additional care. We also offer a variety of sightseeing opportunities, such as the Richmond Museum District, the Byrd Theatre, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Virginia Historical Society, Maymont, James River Park System and the Richmond Jazz Festival.
Please call to schedule a personal tour today and discover for yourself all that we have to offer at Commonwealth Senior Living at Monument Avenue.
Levels of CareAssisted Living
At Commonwealth Senior Living at Monument Ave, assisted living balances the active independence that our residents want with the 24-hour support they need.
Itâ€™s the ideal combination. We realize that while the need for support may have brought our residents to us, their desire to live an active, fulfilling and engaging lifestyle hasnâ€™t changed at all.Personalized Care
At Commonwealth, the care we deliver is personalized. We know that no two residents have the same needs, abilities or preferences. To deliver the right amount of care and support, we create individual care plans for each resident. Our specially trained caregivers meet directly with residents, their family members and personal physicians to develop the most appropriate care plans. The care plans deliver the care that is needed â€“ perhaps assisting the resident with getting dressed or bathing or helping them get around the community, but also identifies and supports each individualâ€™s retained abilities, promoting independence and dignity.Worry-Free Living
Whether youâ€™re strolling through our butterfly garden or tickling the ivories on our Steinway concert grand piano, thereâ€™s beauty to be found in every nook and cranny of this community. Richmond may be warm year-round, but whatâ€™s even warmer is the feeling of home youâ€™ll find at Commonwealth.
Say goodbye to the worries and responsibilities of home ownership and the time wasted on daily chores. It is our pleasure and purpose to ensure that our residentsâ€™ lives are as peaceful, comforting and uplifting as possible.
- Home maintenance
- Private and semi-private suite options
- Full bathrooms with safety features
- Warmly decorated elegant common areas
- Elegantly landscaped outdoor courtyards
- Emergency call response systems in every suite
- Monitored fire and safety systems
- Television, computer, and media library areas
- Elegant dining rooms
- Full-service hair salon and barber shop
- Free transportation for all activities, events, and doctorsâ€™ appointments
- Individually controlled heating and cooling in each suite
- All utilities included (except telephone and cable TV)
- Family and guest meals available
- Free residential parking areas available
- Full library with large print books
- Spacious apartment floor plans with storage
- Restaurant-style dining room
- Game room
- Physical therapy offices
- Walking paths & fitness center
- Pet-friendly: all cats and dogs must be pre-approved by our Executive Director, be house trained, and have a recent Veterinarian statement of good health
Residents of Commonwealth Senior Living at Monument Ave enjoy delicious dining, including:
- Today from the Bay menu featuring locally caught seafood
- Farm-to-Table fresh flavors featuring fresh produce from local farms
- Dining Delights featuring monthly special dining themes
At Commonwealth Senior Living at Oak Ridge, thereâ€™s never a dull moment! Every day is filled with opportunities to get together with friends, learn something new, be entertained and laugh, play games, get some exercise and just have a wonderful time.
Each monthâ€™s Activities Calendar includes opportunities such as:
- Health and wellness learning
- Diverse social activities
- Daily exercise programs
- Group community excursions
- Intergenerational activities
- Lifelong learning activities
- Community volunteer activities
- Multi-faith spiritual worship
- Computer and technology classes
- Musical and artistic activities
Pricing at Commonwealth Senior Living at Monument Avenue
*Prices quoted are monthly rental charges and are provided by the communities themselves. Actual prices may differ due to one-time fees, timing and care services required. Speak with your Senior Living Advisor to learn more.
Reviews of Commonwealth Senior Living at Monument Avenue
Community Details at Commonwealth Senior Living at Monument Avenue
Senior Housing Types Provided at Commonwealth Senior Living at Monument Avenue
The features and amenities that are displayed on this page contain marketing information provided by the community. A Place for Mom has not confirmed the completeness of the provided information, and cannot guarantee its accuracy.
To conduct a complete investigation, seniors and their families should:
- Tour any listed location to confirm the accuracy of the community description;
- Confirm that the community offers services that are required for the senior’s specific needs and budget; and
- Check additional licensing and state audit information.
If you become aware of any information that should be updated or noted, please contact A Place for Mom.