When choosing assisted living care, consumers are reliant on their state’s regulatory agencies to provide information about communities and their backgrounds. Public access to assisted living records varies greatly state by state. Here is a snapshot of the level of transparency in the state of Wyoming:
- Wyoming has generally accessible assisted living records but was marked down on some criteria, including for inspection that occurs infrequently (every 3 years).
- Wyoming is one of a handful of states that do not have the authority to fine an assisted living community.
HOW TO ACCESS RECORDS
- For a basic listing of communities reference Wyoming’s Health Care Facilities Directory which is available as a PDF file or an Excel spreadsheet.
- Research the backgrounds of communities using Wyoming’s Facility Search Form.
- From the search form select “assisted living facility” as the facility type. You can also filter the search by city or county.
- Click a community’s name to view inspections reports and licensing documents.
Wyoming Accessibility Criteria
Our ratings are based on the objective criteria outlined in the table below.
SELECT ANOTHER STATE
|1||Are licensed assisted living communities listed online in any form?||Yes|
|2||If Yes to #1, is the information updated frequently?||No|
|3||If Yes to #1, is the list of licensed communities searchable?||No|
|4||Does the state post inspections, complaints, survey results, or violations online?||Yes|
|5||If Yes to #4, is the information updated frequently? [within 90 days]||Yes|
|6||If Yes to #2 and #4, is the enforcement information included in the same place as licensed communities?||No|
|7||If Yes to #4 and No to #6, are violations / inspections searchable at all?||Yes|
|8||Is information about special licensing for care shown?||No or N/A|
|10||Payment types shown, [e.g. Medicaid, private pay]?||No|
|11||Administrator / Contact name shown?||Yes|
|12||State may fine facility?||No|
|13||Frequency of inspections?||Every 36 months|
|14||Website includes pricing of facility?||No|