When choosing assisted living care, consumers are reliant on their state’s regulatory agencies to provide information about communities and their backgrounds. Public access to assisted living records varies greatly state by state. Here is a snapshot of the level of transparency in the state of Kansas:
- The Kansas state website includes access to deficiency reports.
- Kansas has transparent assisted living records and is in the first quartile of states in our ratings.
TIPS FOR FAMILIES
- Visit the Kansas Adult Care Provider Directory to see a list of licensed providers and inspection reports.
- Agree to the terms, and then select “assisted living facilities”.
- Listings can be browsed alphabetically, or you can search by provider name.
- From the provider list, click “more” on the far right to view detailed information.
- Deficiency reports are listed in chronological order, and the full text of these records are accessible.
Kansas Accessibility Criteria
Our ratings are based on the objective criteria outlined in the table below.
SELECT ANOTHER STATE
|1||Are licensed assisted living communities listed online in any form?||Yes|
|2||If Yes to #1, is the information updated frequently?||Yes|
|3||If Yes to #1, is the list of licensed communities searchable?||Yes|
|4||Does the state post inspections, complaints, survey results, or violations online?||Yes|
|5||If Yes to #4, is the information updated frequently? [within 90 days]||No or N/A|
|6||If Yes to #2 and #4, is the enforcement information included in the same place as licensed communities?||Yes|
|7||If Yes to #4 and No to #6, are violations / inspections searchable at all?||Yes or N/A|
|8||Is information about special licensing for care shown?||Yes|
|10||Payment types shown, [e.g. Medicaid, private pay]?||Yes|
|11||Administrator / Contact name shown?||Yes|
|12||State may fine facility?||Yes|
|13||Frequency of inspections?||Every 15 months|
|14||Website includes pricing of facility?||No|