Edgewood Vista Spearfish
540 Falcon Crest Drive Spearfish SD 57783
Welcome to Edgewood Vista in Spearfish!
Enjoy life overlooking the beautiful Black Hills at Edgewood in Spearfish, with the ideal combination of living spaces, care and amenities. Built in 2004, Edgewood expanded and upgraded in 2011 with more space, a movie theater, activity room and new dining area. It is now home to up to 98 assisted living residents and 15 memory care residents.
Assisted Living: Help When You Need It
Assisted living at Edgewood is an ideal combination of housing, healthcare and lifestyle for individuals who may require some additional assistance with daily living but do not need skilled medical care.
Although each apartment has a kitchen, there is a full service dining facility. Your apartment opens to a large main hallway; no more icy sidewalks. Everyone has a mailbox in the beautiful lobby, and there are many activities and events going on for residents to participate in.
Edgewood's health care professionals, nurses and other staff members are dedicated to your well-being.
We provide or can arrange:
* Fine dining with three homemade meals daily
* Private apartments with showers and kitchenettes
* Transportation to appointments
* Social, community, daily recreational activities and shopping trips
* 24 hour staffing
* Registered nurse on staff
* Ongoing assessments for health care monitoring
* Emergency pull-cords, Intercoms, and nurse call system
* Light housekeeping and linen service
* Resident laundry room
* Fire sprinklers and system
* Full service hair salon
* Coordination of physical therapy, occupational therapy, home health, labs, and hospice
Memory Care: Specialized For Those With Alzheimer's
Edgewood has created an environment completely focused on providing familiarity, compassion, appropriate support and care. We invite you to visit and meet our caregivers, who have ongoing training to understand the conditions and challenges associated with this illness. Our staff to resident ratio allows us to provide more personal attention and help residents maintain daily living skills. You'll see how we can help you and your loved one live both safely and comfortably in a home-like environment.
Living space is integral to balanced living for Memory Care residents. Edgewood's residents live as independently as possible within a smaller, more comfortable environment specifically designed to decrease anxiety, confusion and depression. Residents share home cooked meals and stimulating activities in the family-style dining room with adjoining kitchen. Residents choose from studio or shared apartments. Each features an open closet and handicap accessible half-bathroom.
Edgewood Memory Care Residents Receive:
* 24 hour staffing with nurse coverage
* Safe, secure environment with secured doors and fenced courtyard
* Care from staff members with specific training in Alzheimer's and memory care
* Three nutritious, home-cooked meals and snacks daily
* Group & Individualized activities
* Assistance with bathing, grooming and dressing
* Incontinence Care
* Medication Administration under nurse supervision
* Consultation with physicians and other care providers to continually assess abilities and needs
* Laundry and housekeeping services
* Arranged transportation to medical appointments
* Access to Barber/Beauty Salon services
You or your loved one will enjoy life fully, and when you need us we'll always be there. That's our promise to you.
Pricing at Edgewood Vista Spearfish
*Prices quoted are monthly rental charges and are provided by the communities themselves. Actual prices may differ due to one-time fees, timing and care services required. Speak with your Senior Living Advisor to learn more.
Reviews of Edgewood Vista Spearfish
- Comfortable Care!!
I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things had went for her. She had to recently leave due to health related issues but it had nothing to do with the...
- Less Than Desirable
I am not overly pleased with this community. There is not much for the residents to do not many activities. The food is not good according to my mother. Anytime when I call the staff is rude on the phone and...
- Outstanding Care
The staff is great for the care that we are being received for the excellent care. We liked the community for the care that has been received. The community offers great meals and a lot of nice activities for...See all 8 community reviews
Community Details at Edgewood Vista Spearfish
Senior Housing Types Provided at Edgewood Vista Spearfish
The features and amenities that are displayed on this page contain marketing information provided by the community. A Place for Mom has not confirmed the completeness of the provided information, and cannot guarantee its accuracy.
To conduct a complete investigation, seniors and their families should:
- Tour any listed location to confirm the accuracy of the community description;
- Confirm that the community offers services that are required for the senior’s specific needs and budget; and
- Check additional licensing and state audit information.
If you become aware of any information that should be updated or noted, please contact A Place for Mom.