Wisdom From Seniors Reflecting on Life
Whether it’s a grandparent, parent or neighbor, take some time today to listen to the wisdom from seniors reflecting on life.
In the last decade, the National Day of Listening has done its part to reflect on what’s most important during the holiday season — specifically, the time, thoughts and stories that come from our senior family members and friends. Learn more about how to listen to seniors reflecting on life, and how to share their wisdom with the next generation.
Recording Wisdom From Seniors Reflecting on Life
The National Day of Listening has a simple goal: To honor a loved one through listening. As StoryCorps describes:
“It’s the least expensive but most meaningful gift you can give this holiday season.”
Talking with senior friends and relatives can help enrich your family’s history and your connection to a loved one.
Try recording this wisdom from seniors reflecting on life, by using these questions:
- How has being a parent or grandparent changed you?
- How would you like to be remembered?
- What advice do you have for young couples?
- What advice would you give about raising children?
- What are you most proud of?
- What did you think life would be like when you were older?
- What was the happiest moment of your life?
- What were your grandparents and parents like?
- Who has been the most important person in your life?
Asking these questions and recording these stories and wisdom from seniors can be done any day of the year.
The idea is simply to deepen your connection with a senior loved one while that person is reflecting on life, so you can gain the benefits of that wisdom.
Who knows, that senior may even have a few questions for you this holiday season.
Have you recorded stories of seniors reflecting on life? How did you do it? What suggestions do you have for others?
We Can Help! Our local advisors can help your family make a confident decision about senior living.