More recently, Ballard has transformed into one of the most desirable neighborhoods in Seattle with a wealth of new housing, boutique shops, trendy restaurants and bars. There are a number of historic buildings in Ballard, including the Majestic Bay Theater, which is the oldest operating movie theater on the west coast.
Featured Senior Resources
- Ballard NW Senior Center - The Ballard Senior Center hosts classes on everything from creative writing, knitting, laughter yoga, foot care, to senior rights and fall prevention. Located at: 5429 32nd NW
Seattle, WA, 98107.
- MyBallard Neighborhood Blog - A great community resource with daily posts on local cultural events, updates on local stores and restaurants, classifieds, lost pets, land use meetings and more.
- Low Income Seattle Senior Housing - The Seattle Housing Authority has three buildings in the heart of Ballard for low-income people over age 62. Nelson Manor: 200 NW 58th St, 98107 Schwabacher House: 1715 NW 59th St, 98107. Sunrise Manor: 1530 NW 57th St, 98107
- Seattle Senior Resource Directory - A guide to free services for seniors in King County and a listing of products for seniors and caregivers.
- Assisted Living in Seattle - A directory of Seattle assisted living communities.
- Assisted Living Checklist - This checklist has the essential questions to ask when you call or visit an assisted living community.
- Guide to Choosing Assisted Living - This in-depth guide helps you decide which assisted living facility is right for you. Use it to evaluate the services, features and policies offered by the various communities you visit.
- Compare Assisted Living Costs - Is it true that assisted living costs more than living at home? This cost comparison can help you find out what's right for your family.